Packers re-sign James Starks

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Honestly, all these decent to small overpayments to our "own" keeps me thinking back to Lang and Sitton are both planned "walks" in next year's off season.

If that's true that's not a smart way to manage the cap. I agree the Packers won't be able to afford to re-sign Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's true that's not a smart way to manage the cap. I agree the Packers won't be able to afford to re-sign Bakhtiari, Sitton and Lang.

Yeah, not defending it, but it all just keeps making that more evident to me. Now the J Cook signing....terms on it could make it tougher as well...if not eliminate it completely. I hope personally Pack try to tag him for a 2 or 3 year deal.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this was touched on on the previous page, but its worth repeating. Alfred Morris signed for 2 years and 3.5M for the Cowboys. Now, I am not saying I wanted Morris. However I am blown away that Starks is somehow worth almost double to remain with his own team than Morris was as a free agent.

Morris is 27 and has more yards since 2012 than any RB besides AP. Starks is 30. I like Starks, but I fail to understand how the market for Starks is 2/6 if the market for Morris is 2/3.5.

I don't see how anyone can refute that we aren't overpaying many of our own, sometimes significantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts