Packers/ravens Super Bowl?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I got a feeling this might be our Super Bowl this year.

Baltimore has the best defense so far. Forget Pittsburgh, they are barely pulling through games they should be blowing out. Only thing that is bad for Baltimore is their offense. Flacco has zero pocket awareness, and does turn the ball over. When they can't run it with Ray Rice, he's not a quarterback you can depend on to throw 40-50 passes and win, I think. Baltimore's defense could possibly destroy New England. We see how they play in the post season. The Jets got physical with them last year in the post-season and proved, and they couldn't do much. Baltimore's offense is what I'd be worried about if I was a fan. Joe Flacco has a body and arm built to be an out standing quarterback but he don't have the brains.

We have the best offense hands down. Some are worried about Detroit, but they can't run the ball. Some are worried about the Saints, but their defense is shaky, allowing teams to hang around in games, and totally blown coverage (Roman Harper is probably their worst player when it comes to tackling), and while I love what their offense does, they are putting every game on Brees shoulders

This Green Bay team is totally loaded up and down. We have the best quarterback, receivers, and I think our running game is improved. Some people are worried about our defense, but look at how many points they gave up today, and also look at all the blown coverage in the Saints/Buc's game. Our defense may get a lot of flac but they are improving. The Atlanta game showed it, OUR DEFENSE CAN STOP TEAMS. Even though we have gave up 300 yards to the Rams, we didn't allow a single touchdown. How often do you see a quarterback with that good of yard numbers and no touchdowns?

Baltimore's Defense can get them to the Super Bowl, as long as they don't screw around too much with turnovers on offense.

I know our offense can win us games, and i think we could take on Baltimore's defense.

So what do you guys think? Packers and Ravens? Many want New England in the Super Bowl against us, but I don't think they will make it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bogart, you and I think so much alike sometimes, it's scary. I was been watching the Ravens since week, but on a back burner while I focused on what I thought was the biggest threat in the AFC, the Patriots. But now, especially after today, I'm seeing the Ravens as more of a front runner in the AFC. Still early in the season, but it's not that early. We are closing in on mid-season fast.

Flacco for the Ravens is a good fit. Rice is having a good year. Don't forget they also have Ray Lewis on D, an older beast but a beast nonetheless.

I agree with your comparison/ contrast of the Packers and Ravens. I think the Ravens are good enough to get themselves to the Superbowl, but the problem is, once there, they will likely meet the Packers.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Bogart, you and I think so much alike sometimes, it's scary. I was been watching the Ravens since week, but on a back burner while I focused on what I thought was the biggest threat in the AFC, the Patriots. But now, especially after today, I'm seeing the Ravens as more of a front runner in the AFC. Still early in the season, but it's not that early. We are closing in on mid-season fast.

Flacco for the Ravens is a good fit. Rice is having a good year. Don't forget they also have Ray Lewis on D, an older beast but a beast nonetheless.

I agree with your comparison/ contrast of the Packers and Ravens. I think the Ravens are good enough to get themselves to the Superbowl, but the problem is, once there, they will likely meet the Packers.

I don't get to watch their games, except the game tracker online, and their defense is scary good.

I believe it will be Baltimore and New England winning the top 2 seeds of the AFC and getting the bye weeks.

I'm probably a little too ******* Flacco, he does shine when they need it, but sometimes I just wanna scream at him to look around the pocket cause he never sees guys coming for him.

While some folks will throw our defense under the bus for giving up many yards today, I am glad we didn't have totally blown coverage like the Saints game. I mentioned that for an example. Anyone that watched it as i did knows what I mean. Roman Harper BLOWN COVERAGE, gives up a 40+ yard run. Dropped interceptions, anytime Tampa ran the ball they picked up 5-20 yards.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If Rice gets shutdown and Flacco is forced to throw they won't win very much at all. Especially if they have to play a spread offense like ours.

Ravens got a pretty damn good run at the hands of Drew Brees last year with zero running game and handful on guys injured.

I'm confident that if we play the Ravens we'll beat them.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This has been my SB prediction since week 1, even though NE/SD could sneak in. Hell, in this AFC who knows. Pats will win a lot of games but will be challenged the most by Baltimore in the playoffs if they meet up.

Baltimore knows how to beat NE. And even in losses have kept it close. Brady seems to be a bit more pick happy this year too.

One thing to remember is that the Ravens have their big hurdle out of the way for the playoffs; Indy. We OWN them. Have beaten them what 8 or 9 straight times including the playoffs? Peyton has their number. And the Ravens feel confident against Pittsburgh this year.

Also, it just seems like karma to have Baltimore play in Indy for a shot at the title. We hate them and they hate us.

I would take the Pack to win it of course indoors.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY i want the pats in the SB... but i think if rodgers and CO. face the ravens in the SB, and rodgers lights them up... that would be ****ing awesome. I hate the ravens. But then again... i hate the jets more!

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I got a feeling this might be our Super Bowl this year.

Baltimore has the best defense so far. Forget Pittsburgh, they are barely pulling through games they should be blowing out. Only thing that is bad for Baltimore is their offense. Flacco has zero pocket awareness, and does turn the ball over. When they can't run it with Ray Rice, he's not a quarterback you can depend on to throw 40-50 passes and win, I think. Baltimore's defense could possibly destroy New England. We see how they play in the post season. The Jets got physical with them last year in the post-season and proved, and they couldn't do much. Baltimore's offense is what I'd be worried about if I was a fan. Joe Flacco has a body and arm built to be an out standing quarterback but he don't have the brains.

We have the best offense hands down. Some are worried about Detroit, but they can't run the ball. Some are worried about the Saints, but their defense is shaky, allowing teams to hang around in games, and totally blown coverage (Roman Harper is probably their worst player when it comes to tackling), and while I love what their offense does, they are putting every game on Brees shoulders

This Green Bay team is totally loaded up and down. We have the best quarterback, receivers, and I think our running game is improved. Some people are worried about our defense, but look at how many points they gave up today, and also look at all the blown coverage in the Saints/Buc's game. Our defense may get a lot of flac but they are improving. The Atlanta game showed it, OUR DEFENSE CAN STOP TEAMS. Even though we have gave up 300 yards to the Rams, we didn't allow a single touchdown. How often do you see a quarterback with that good of yard numbers and no touchdowns?

Baltimore's Defense can get them to the Super Bowl, as long as they don't screw around too much with turnovers on offense.

I know our offense can win us games, and i think we could take on Baltimore's defense.

So what do you guys think? Packers and Ravens? Many want New England in the Super Bowl against us, but I don't think they will make it.

I think it could very well be a Packers vs Ravens superbowl, but its very possible for the Pats to go to the Superbowl maybe even the Steelers you never know

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Flacco is the QB of the Ravens...? Maybe that's it?

I think this is the matchup I'm rooting for. If the most likely choices are Patriots or Ravens, I would rather see the Ravens. I'm tired of the Patriots and don't care about a Brady/Rodgers matchup.

I'd rather see Ravens Packers as well i'm sick of Tom Brady he's overrated

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'd rather see Ravens Packers as well i'm sick of Tom Brady he's overrated

I am sick of the Pats as well. I think if I have to see two weeks of Brady's perfect teeth smiling 24/7 before the SB I might have to start drinking again.

On the plus side if the Pats/Chargers/Ravens/Steelers make the SB I am sure the hotel they stay at will have random alarms go off at key moments by Colts fans.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sick of the Pats as well. I think if I have to see two weeks of Brady's perfect teeth smiling 24/7 before the SB I might have to start drinking again.

On the plus side if the Pats/Chargers/Ravens/Steelers make the SB I am sure the hotel they stay at will have random alarms go off at key moments by Colts fans.

Baltimore fans descending on Indianapolis. That's an interesting angle. Would they bring the marching band?
Maybe I should root for the Chargers, as I think that would give the Packers the biggest crowd advantage.

Reaction score
I believe the Patriots will be one and done this year. However, I wouldn't lose sight of the Texans just yet.

What worries me most is our defense making Flacco look elite every time Anquan catches a pass. We always give it up to somebody and Anquan will fit that bill nicely.

Let's just beat the Vikings first and go from there.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I believe the Patriots will be one and done this year. However, I wouldn't lose sight of the Texans just yet.

What worries me most is our defense making Flacco look elite every time Anquan catches a pass. We always give it up to somebody and Anquan will fit that bill nicely.

Let's just beat the Vikings first and go from there.

Not sure yet who I like between Texans/Titans. This weekend is a big game. Titans with Hasselbeck are a darkhorse to me. Heck, that team DID manage to beat the Ravens. Then they got blown out by a banged up Steelers team. So, what to think?

Texans have always had issues winning AFC South games and beating good teams on the road.Titans have often been quite good in the division though.

This weekend will be telling when they play each other.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score

yea goodness i'm tired of seeing the Pats being the top team

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
yea goodness i'm tired of seeing the Pats being the top team

To be fair the Pats have been quite good but not a top team in the playoffs for some time.

This might be further proving to me that the NFC is becoming the more dominant conference going back to the end of the last decade. The 3 AFC super powers of the last decade have all suffered losses in the SB going back to early 08. Giants over Pats. Saints over Colts. Packers over Steelers. I actually hate to admit it, but I think the Colts got the last of the NFC cupcakes when they beat the Bears. I was pretty confident that whoever came out of the AFC from the 2006 season was going to win the SB. The Colts/Pats AFCCG really was the real Super Bowl that season.

Perhaps it's the Ravens or Chargers turn one of these years to lose the big one.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
To be fair the Pats have been quite good but not a top team in the playoffs for some time.

This might be further proving to me that the NFC is becoming the more dominant conference going back to the end of the last decade. The 3 AFC super powers of the last decade have all suffered losses in the SB going back to early 08. Giants over Pats. Saints over Colts. Packers over Steelers. I actually hate to admit it, but I think the Colts got the last of the NFC cupcakes when they beat the Bears. I was pretty confident that whoever came out of the AFC from the 2006 season was going to win the SB. The Colts/Pats AFCCG really was the real Super Bowl that season.

Perhaps it's the Ravens or Chargers turn one of these years to lose the big one.

I completely agree with you, the NFC is the dominant conference now and will win the Superbowl for a few years to come but the AFC will make a comeback one of these days.
on another note it's really sad to see how bad the Colts are suffering with out Manning going from contenders to not being able to win a game, one player can make a team.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, the NFC is the dominant conference now and will win the Superbowl for a few years to come but the AFC will make a comeback one of these days.
on another note it's really sad to see how bad the Colts are suffering with out Manning going from contenders to not being able to win a game, one player can make a team.

I don't think it's just Peyton though being out. I think last year the cracks started to show a bit. I also believe Dungy was the glue that at times that held this team together. I am not as sold on Caldwell. In fact Dungy spoke with the Colts this week I heard as a motivational guest. Peyton was our glue last year and even he struggled at times to the point Dungy called him to talk before we won our final 4 regular season games to win the South. In 2009 I often felt like that was Dungy's team that got to the SB.

I don't mind a bad year at all now. I don't think we could have won a title and some high draft picks will be nice to infuse some new talent.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I don't think it's just Peyton though being out. I think last year the cracks started to show a bit. I also believe Dungy was the glue that at times that held this team together. I am not as sold on Caldwell. In fact Dungy spoke with the Colts this week I heard as a motivational guest. Peyton was our glue last year and even he struggled at times to the point Dungy called him to talk before we won our final 4 regular season games to win the South. In 2009 I often felt like that was Dungy's team that got to the SB.

I don't mind a bad year at all now. I don't think we could have won a title and some high draft picks will be nice to infuse some new talent.

Yea Dungy was a huge lose for them, and the Payton they are just falling apart. hopefully they will pick up some nice draft picks to pick up some slack, but once they get Payton back he should contribute the way he always did with the help of some new rookies or free agents that they choose to pick up.
just sucks to see a team struggling this bad after having all those good seasons.
teams I don't mind seeing having losing records are the Lions and the Raiders haha.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Flacco has the arm to be a top 5 quarterback, but he lacks brains.
I don't know how many times he will get sacked and not even look around in the pocket to see if he's got a guy coming for him. He has absolutely no pocket awareness, and against teams that it matters like Pittsburgh, he's usually terrible under pressure.

Members online

Latest posts