Packers Radio

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am posting this here as just a FEELER to see if anyone knows of any radio stations dedicated to the packers. If there aren't many I was thinking of doing a show once a week (an hour or two long) and talk strictly about packers football. Might have a few guests on (jason wilde, current players from twitter, etc...) but something that is just packers football and good packer related content. Would anyone be interested in this if I was to start up something like this? I know a lot of people here don't agree with my opinion and I can be a little brash at times but I think that also makes good radio. Anyone would be able to call in and we can just talk about the team we love. What do you all think?

The good thing about doing it online as opposed to an actual radio station discussing the packers is that everyone would be able to call in and participate and give their opinion as well as it would be ENTIRELY packers related discussions.

D

Dan115

Sounds good. wssp 1250 does a good job. Wduz good wauk 540 good also but not full time Packers.

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also this would be good during the season when there is a lot to talk about, I was thinking of doing it tuesday or wednesdays so it would be in between games. Not trying to take away people from this message board obviously ( i am not creating a competing message board, and would always give props to packerforum.com ) just seeing what people think.

I also think it might help promote discussion on these message boards as we could talk in length about popular topics on here and might even spark a new thread or two from what we talk about on radio.

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good. wssp 1250 does a good job. Wduz good wauk 540 good also but not full time Packers.

if I do this I would love to have you call in every week, as well as anyone else. There are a lot of people that I hope would call in or even co-host with me including 13 time champs, jenningslongcatch, ivo, etc... there are a lot of people with a lot of insight that could make some interesting discussions.

D

Dan115

if I do this I would love to have you call in every week, as well as anyone else. There are a lot of people that I hope would call on or even co-host with me including 13 time champs, jenningslongcatch, ivo, etc... there are a lot of people with a lot of insight that could make some interesting discussions.

I don't have any inside info but I am a die hard Packer fan like everyone else on the forum.

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any inside info but I am a die hard Packer fan like everyone else on the forum.

Inside info is very intriguing at times but I think discussions from die-hard, knowledgable fans like yourself are more entertaining than 1 minute of breaking info and 59 minutes of fumbling over discussion because you don't know a ton about the team or topic

D

Dan115

Inside info is very intriguing at times but I think discussions from die-hard, knowledgable fans like yourself are more entertaining than 1 minute of breaking info and 59 minutes of fumbling over discussion because you don't know a ton about the team or topic

OK see what you can do. Good Luck!

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK see what you can do. Good Luck!

I will try and get something setup but I would like more input of people who would participate in a chat or call in during the show. If there isn't a real interest then I wouldn't want to create a show. Having Drew, Kat, Frank Rizzo, slaughter, jaybadger, jules, wood chipper, croak, DevilDon, PFanCan, 2411t, spartachris, bozz, realcaliforniacheese, amishmafia, thxjack, longtimefan, cheesehead, pat4dapack, miamibeach, vltrophy (everyone I missed)...all of you participate in a chat or call in would be great! I would like to make a show for THIS community and BY this community.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheesehead tv does radio shows and is really good..They get players and coaches on..One of the hosts was featured in nytimes article

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd listen for sure. And I'm not afraid to get on and talk too. As long as its an evening program (damn work getting in the way of my packers ) Definitely keep us posted!

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you thought about a podcast? --Gives you flexibility with interviews, freedom to post updates at your convenience and it's easy for people like me to listen to when they have the time. Even our friends in Britain could enjoy it.

Whatever the case, I admire the initiative it takes to launch anything like this and I look forward to seeing- er, hearing the results...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts