Packers pushing Favre out the door?

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson insinuates that the Packers had the choice of keeping Wahle and Rivera when the reality is, they couldn't afford to keep either one of them. Irvin insinuates that the Packers hired the personal trainer for Brett because they knew he would be running for his life all year. Sounds like Michael is hitting on that crack pipe again. You're right, TOPackerfan, these guys opinions are garbage.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I simply think this is how TT operates......take the best value on the board. It is not like he had a different standard that he deviated from in approaching this draft to somehow push Favre out. I mean, really, how can you pass on Rodgers at 24.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I mean, really, how can you pass on Rodgers at 24.

What would these idiots be saying had we passed on Rodgers? They'd have had a field day with it. Screw ESPN and the ghetto attitude that it has become. I can't even watch it anymore.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was really laughable was the idea that the Pack has "given up winning championships". Is this because after 12 we're tired of them?? I ordinarily like Tom Jackson, but I think some of the moron is rubbing off on him from Irvin, who should be broadcasting from his prison cell.

Michael, pass the salt...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood...love the "Wacky Pack" sticker. Everything I owned as a 10 year old was covered with them.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would be a dumb move, aaron rodgers needs at least two years to get ready...i'm a believer in the school of thought that QB's need time to gain experience (mcnabb, pennington, culepepper)

if you force brett favre out the door, you're forcing A LOT out the door--all the feature doubleheader games that feature the packers, all the sunday and monday night games featuring the packers are because the packers are in contention, and the packers are in contention because of brett favre---you force out the door, you're throwing a lot of money away...

i'm not saying keep favre around just for the revenue alone, any time there is brett favre there is this underlying confidence throughout the fan base that we will rise from the ashes and steal a division and make noise in the NFC playoff bracket...i know we're down now, but honestly, some of the throws he missed last night, you really think the greatest competitor the position has ever seen will play that bad next week...

and bad things happen when the incumbent QB is no longer there, washington hasn't had a franchise QB since theisman...the bears haven't had a franchise QB since i've been alive...i hope nobody takes this situation lightly

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These bobble heads obviously never heard " better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and erase all doubt".

They sure proved themselves fools with comments like that.

The only thing worth watching on ESPN anymore is the games, even the outdoor shows sucks anymore.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
digsthepack said:
I mean, really, how can you pass on Rodgers at 24.

What would these idiots be saying had we passed on Rodgers? They'd have had a field day with it. Screw ESPN and the ghetto attitude that it has become. I can't even watch it anymore.

Couldn't agree with you more ORRELSE. Watchin' Stu-dawg from Carolina wit' his Tarheel flava isn't coola 'dan da undaside of da pillow! Yo!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood said:
What was really laughable was the idea that the Pack has "given up winning championships". Is this because after 12 we're tired of them?? I ordinarily like Tom Jackson, but I think some of the moron is rubbing off on him from Irvin, who should be broadcasting from his prison cell.

Michael, pass the salt...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I loved those wacky packies. those used to crack me up.

packfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i mean it seems like he thinks this season is over after week 1. Which is absolutely ridiculous. For the last couple of years, we have started off slow going on to finish strong all the while winning the division. If you saw a dominant team from the NFC North, you must've seen something I didn't. This division is truly up for grabs. Here's a stat for you guys, 5 of the 6 NFC teams that made the playoffs last season will each be 0-1. What does this mean, a lot of inexperienced teams that have gotten somewhat betteror won in week 1. Bottomline, it's only 1 game. They play 16 for a reason.

Case in fact: As a die-hard Orioles fan, I was ready to say the team would win the AL East after May. You guys know how that played out.

Members online

Latest posts