1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers promote Brian Price to active roster

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Sep 22, 2016.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    As I've expected the Packers have promoted the defensive lineman to the 53. In addition the team brought back CB Robertson Daniel to the practice squad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    I like both moves. Obviously we will get the usual discussion about whether or not they should have brought in a street veteran, but I think both guys played well in camp. I'm looking forward to see what Price can bring to the team in however much time he gets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267
    This is a smart move just to keep things covered, but I doubt he'll get many snaps. They won't be playing much base against Detroit, and then Pennel comes back (is it during the bye week or after?) Then Guion will come back and he'll be back to the PC. I hope he saves some of the extra dough he'll make.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    I agree that Brice most likely won't get a ton of playing time. Pennel will be allowed to play again in week 6 vs. the Cowboys.

5. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +459
    Kid played well in camp and pre-season. I suspect he'll be eased in slowly this week. Would absolutely love to see him shine in a big way and make Pennel expendable. That would be sweet justice. Not holding my breath though I'm happy for Price to be getting an opportunity so early in his career like this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    I highly doubt Lowry, Ringo and Price will perform at a level that would make Pennel expendable over the next two games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +459
    Me too. It sure would be sweet though. I'd settle for Price, Ringo and Clark.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    I'm disappointed in Pennel as well because of his suspension but once he returns I expect him to be an integral part of the Packers run defense. There's no need for hard feelings as long as he performs on a decent level and stays away from PEDs in the future.

9. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +459
    Lol, yes that is true. I have a difficult time putting aside my resentment for guys that put the team in a difficult situation needlessly like Pennel did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    pennel has shown steady growth, and looked good this preseason. im looking forward to his return. not happy about ped use, but hes serving his time. as long as they arent killing things, raping things, and stuff like that, im ok with the rest

11. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    PEDs or so-called recreational drugs?

12. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    I thought it was PED

13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
  14. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    thanks for clearing that up, this makes me feel even better. He did leave his teammates high and dry for a few games, but I suspect him to pick up pretty much where he left off and not worrying if his growth was enhanced in anyway.

15. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    The question with a UDFA who seemed to break the mold and then was discovered to be using PEDs, is whether or not he really has the goods or he was only succeeding due to the performance enhancing drugs. This will be an important season for Mike.

16. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    Once again, Pennel was suspended because of substance abuse not for using PEDs.

17. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +670
    So, PEDs aren't a substance? :)

18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    I think what he means is recreational drugs (substance) were abused. So I must amend my previous statement. Hopefully he plays better sober.

19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    Pennel was actually a surprise last season performing on a decent level.

20. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +459
    Agree. I was very pleased with his progress. I'm curious to see how long it will take him to get in playing condition and how he progresses after his return.

21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    The Packers have released CB Robertson Daniel from the practice squad again.

22. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +200
    Cutting Daniel likely means they are making room for Price. Once Penney comes back, Price will be headed for the PS. Musical chairs is nothing new on the PS that's why it used to be called the Taxi squad in the olden days.

23. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    I don´t think the Packers released Daniel to make room for Brice on the practice squad as Pennel won´t return from his suspension for another two weeks.