Packers promote Brian Price to active roster

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

As I've expected the Packers have promoted the defensive lineman to the 53. In addition the team brought back CB Robertson Daniel to the practice squad.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like both moves. Obviously we will get the usual discussion about whether or not they should have brought in a street veteran, but I think both guys played well in camp. I'm looking forward to see what Price can bring to the team in however much time he gets.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a smart move just to keep things covered, but I doubt he'll get many snaps. They won't be playing much base against Detroit, and then Pennel comes back (is it during the bye week or after?) Then Guion will come back and he'll be back to the PC. I hope he saves some of the extra dough he'll make.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

This is a smart move just to keep things covered, but I doubt he'll get many snaps. They won't be playing much base against Detroit, and then Pennel comes back (is it during the bye week or after?) Then Guion will come back and he'll be back to the PC. I hope he saves some of the extra dough he'll make.

I agree that Brice most likely won't get a ton of playing time. Pennel will be allowed to play again in week 6 vs. the Cowboys.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I like both moves. Obviously we will get the usual discussion about whether or not they should have brought in a street veteran, but I think both guys played well in camp. I'm looking forward to see what Price can bring to the team in however much time he gets.
Kid played well in camp and pre-season. I suspect he'll be eased in slowly this week. Would absolutely love to see him shine in a big way and make Pennel expendable. That would be sweet justice. Not holding my breath though I'm happy for Price to be getting an opportunity so early in his career like this.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Kid played well in camp and pre-season. I suspect he'll be eased in slowly this week. Would absolutely love to see him shine in a big way and make Pennel expendable. That would be sweet justice. Not holding my breath though I'm happy for Price to be getting an opportunity so early in his career like this.

I highly doubt Lowry, Ringo and Price will perform at a level that would make Pennel expendable over the next two games.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I highly doubt Lowry, Ringo and Price will perform at a level that would make Pennel expendable over the next two games.
Me too. It sure would be sweet though. I'd settle for Price, Ringo and Clark.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Me too. It sure would be sweet though. I'd settle for Price, Ringo and Clark.

I'm disappointed in Pennel as well because of his suspension but once he returns I expect him to be an integral part of the Packers run defense. There's no need for hard feelings as long as he performs on a decent level and stays away from PEDs in the future.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed in Pennel as well because of his suspension but once he returns I expect him to be an integral part of the Packers run defense. There's no need for hard feelings as long as he performs on a decent level and stays away from PEDs in the future.
Lol, yes that is true. I have a difficult time putting aside my resentment for guys that put the team in a difficult situation needlessly like Pennel did.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pennel has shown steady growth, and looked good this preseason. im looking forward to his return. not happy about ped use, but hes serving his time. as long as they arent killing things, ****** things, and stuff like that, im ok with the rest

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for clearing that up, this makes me feel even better. He did leave his teammates high and dry for a few games, but I suspect him to pick up pretty much where he left off and not worrying if his growth was enhanced in anyway.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question with a UDFA who seemed to break the mold and then was discovered to be using PEDs, is whether or not he really has the goods or he was only succeeding due to the performance enhancing drugs. This will be an important season for Mike.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The question with a UDFA who seemed to break the mold and then was discovered to be using PEDs, is whether or not he really has the goods or he was only succeeding due to the performance enhancing drugs. This will be an important season for Mike.

Once again, Pennel was suspended because of substance abuse not for using PEDs.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what he means is recreational drugs (substance) were abused. So I must amend my previous statement. Hopefully he plays better sober.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I think what he means is recreational drugs (substance) were abused. So I must amend my previous statement. Hopefully he plays better sober.

Pennel was actually a surprise last season performing on a decent level.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Pennel was actually a surprise last season performing on a decent level.
Agree. I was very pleased with his progress. I'm curious to see how long it will take him to get in playing condition and how he progresses after his return.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have released CB Robertson Daniel from the practice squad again.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting Daniel likely means they are making room for Price. Once Penney comes back, Price will be headed for the PS. Musical chairs is nothing new on the PS that's why it used to be called the Taxi squad in the olden days.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Cutting Daniel likely means they are making room for Price. Once Penney comes back, Price will be headed for the PS. Musical chairs is nothing new on the PS that's why it used to be called the Taxi squad in the olden days.

I don´t think the Packers released Daniel to make room for Brice on the practice squad as Pennel won´t return from his suspension for another two weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts