Packers Pro Bowlers

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ZIP.

Rodgers was the whole team.
Perhaps this will pizz off the players against Chicago, with their 3 or so Pro Bowlers.
Forte over Lacy is one that they got wrong.

Offense
Quarterback: Tom Brady, Patriots; Drew Brees, Saints; Peyton Manning, Broncos; Cam Newton, Panthers; Philip Rivers, Chargers; Russell Wilson, Seahawks.

Wide receiver: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Dez Bryant, Cowboys; Josh Gordon, Browns; A.J. Green, Bengals; Andre Johnson, Texans; Calvin Johnson, Lions; Brandon Marshall, Bears; Demaryius Thomas, Broncos.

Tackle: Branden Albert, Chiefs; Jason Peters, Eagles; Tyron Smith, Cowboys; Joe Staley, 49ers; Joe Thomas, Browns; Trent Williams, Redskins.

Guard: Jahri Evans, Saints; Ben Grubbs, Saints; Mike Iupati, 49ers; Logan Mankins, Patriots; Louis Vasquez, Broncos; Marshal Yanda, Ravens.

Center: Ryan Kalil, Panthers; Alex Mack, Browns; Mike Pouncey, Dolphins; Max Unger, Seahawks.

Tight end: Jordan Cameron, Browns; Vernon Davis, 49ers; Jimmy Graham, Saints; Julius Thomas, Broncos.

Running back: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs; Matt Forte, Bears; Frank Gore, 49ers; Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks; LeSean McCoy, Eagles; Adrian Peterson, Vikings.

Fullback: Marcel Reece, Raiders; Mike Tolbert, Panthers.

Defense
Defensive end: Greg Hardy, Panthers; Cameron Jordan, Saints; Robert Quinn, Rams; Cameron Wake, Dolphins; J.J. Watt, Texans; Mario Williams, Bills.

Interior lineman: Gerald McCoy, Buccaneers; Haloti Ngata, Ravens; Dontari Poe, Chiefs; Justin Smith, 49ers; Ndamukong Suh, Lions; Kyle Williams, Bills.

Outside linebacker: John Abraham, Cardinals; Ahmad Brooks, 49ers; Tamba Hali, Chiefs; Justin Houston, Chiefs; Robert Mathis, Colts; Terrell Suggs, Ravens.

Inside/middle linebacker: NaVorro Bowman, 49ers; Vontaze Burfict, Bengals; Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Patrick Willis, 49ers.

Cornerback: Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Brent Grimes, Dolphins; Joe Haden, Browns; Patrick Peterson, Cardinals; Darrelle Revis, Buccaneers; Richard Sherman, Seahawks; Aqib Talib, Patriots; Alterraun Verner, Titans.

Free safety: Jairus Byrd, Bills; Earl Thomas, Seahawks; Eric Weddle, Chargers.

Strong safety: Eric Berry, Chiefs; Kam Chancellor, Seahawks; Troy Polamalu, Steelers.

Special Teams
Punter: Brandon Fields, Dolphins; Johnny Hekker, Rams.

Placekicker: Matt Prater, Broncos; Justin Tucker, Ravens.

Punt returner: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Dexter McCluster, Chiefs.

Special teamer: Justin Bethel, Cardinals; Matthew Slater, Patriots.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually glad we didn't get any in the Pro Bowl. I hate when players make the PB because half the time they decline to play anyway and all it ends up being is a bargaining chip in contract negotiations.

OP
OP
Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a lot of these picks are on past-season merit rather than this year. How else can you explain the overrated Troy Polamalu making it? Since I live in Pittsburgh, I see all the Steelers games (or at least all the ones I want to). Polamalu was completely exposed and embarrassed in New England earlier this year, and it's happened on several other occasions as well. Not to mention that he takes after Hines Ward in playing dirty. If he didn't have such long hair, no one would care about him.

I'm sure ratings will go up for this Pro Bowl because of the gimmick, but the quality of play will remain the same.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It just doesn't matter -- really and truly. As someone else said, this type of designation only leads to higher contract demands, I suppose, they do get spiffies in their contracts for being named to the Pro-Bowl...but from a 'team and cap' standpoint, I am glad to see a limited exposure. I'm not convinced that some of these guys should even be "alternates". Don't know where they earned that designation.... #38 for example -- don't get me wrong, he's not bad but ... really?

Reminds me of Darren Sharper - the guy lived a charmed existence. He always happened to show up just as someone (other than him) knocked the ball loose and he'd get the turnover -- otherwise, he spent his entire career trailing opposing receivers into the endzone.

Pro Bowl? Hmpf ... whatever...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty amazing though that the CLEVELAND BROWNS have 5 Pro Bowlers.
The Packers have zero.
The NY Giants have zero.
The Atlanta Falcons have zero.

What odds could you have gotten on ^THAT^ before the season began?
500-1 ?
1000-1 ?

Behind the Niners, those 3 teams, along with Seattle, were the NFC Favorites entering the season. Many picked Atlanta over San Francisco, to go to the Super Bowl.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its been that kind of year I guess. Lacy would have made it if he hadnt missed any games, his numbers would have been eye-popping. Rookie of the year has to be Lacy I think. Rodgers just missed to much time and his absence hurt everyone else. There are no standouts on Defense. Maybe this snub will provide a bit of a salty attitude to the team going forward.

The Pro-Bowl is a farse anyway. I'd rather clip my toenails than watch that turd.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Packers have zero.
The NY Giants have zero.

500-1 ?
1000-1 ?

Behind the Niners, those 3 teams, along with Seattle, were the NFC Favorites entering the season. Many picked Atlanta over San Francisco, to go to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Oddly enough, I was thinking that if the Pack had gone say 5-2 while Rodgers was out there'd be at least 3 or 4 starters for no reason other than they were on a winning team -- the broadcast media guys (national radio guys in particular) played up the "one man team" thing pretty heavily when Rodgers went out and the Pack nosedived. It is damned hard listening to the likes of Rome and/or any other national radio call-in type shows ... the guys with the microphones remind me of the dirt bag TV guy in the movie "Any given Sunday", always looking for something, regardless how mindless, to talk about.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are no standouts on Defense. Maybe this snub will provide a bit of a salty attitude to the team going forward.
That's what I am hoping for too.
I hope Kevin Greene gets his LBers to play their best game. Violent. Gang-tackling. Harass Cutler and Forte.
Crush Marshall across the middle. In the ribs which are legal.

And someone light a spark underneath BJ Raji!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of Darren Sharper - the guy lived a charmed existence. He always happened to show up just as someone (other than him) knocked the ball loose and he'd get the turnover -- otherwise, he spent his entire career trailing opposing receivers into the endzone.

He was better than any safety we have now by a good margin.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have zero.
The NY Giants have zero.

500-1 ?
1000-1 ?

You could have 10 pro bowlers on a team and have 3 wins.

lets see... PR, K, P, LS, C, LT, CB, DT, G, WR

No QB and you are going to struggle unless you have an all time great defense

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It says something, however, when a team is shut out while still in the hunt for a division title. Rodgers, Finley, Cobb would certainly have gotten consideration.
But is the talent level there on defense? Other than Clay Matthews....

Members online

Latest posts