1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers' President Murphy puts TT and MM on notice in interview

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by TomHQ, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TomHQ

TomHQ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    The following article was taken from PackerNews.com.

Is Mark hinting to a new head coach if the season doesn't end well? He didn't directly say he had confidence in MM. Your thoughts?

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Well, I didn't see any indication of that... He's obviously upset, and I think as I had thought, after 5 years of rebuild, this is the year where it should pan out, and the year where TT and MM will really be evaluated on.

I didn't see any indication that he'll take any actions now... I did see, however, that he would likely can MM and keep TT if things don't go well...

But maybe I'm being naive and not reading enough into it...

3. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I didn't see any real indication either but :prayer:

4. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +48
    Packers president says he's "disappointed"

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

5. FanOfTheGame

FanOfTheGame Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do find it interesting that Murphy expressed his confidence in Ted without addressing McCarthy even though the question directly asked about his confidence in both TT and MM.

6. Ace731

Ace731 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well hes not going to come right out and say we need a new head coach. but it didnt really seem like he was behind it 100% and if we dont improve I sense change is coming for 2010. whether it be Ted or Mike, we don't know but it will be fun to find out who the new coach is, or very sad when nothing changes. it will be like mccarthy saying "we need to be better, fundamentals, its got to stop, blah blah blah same old same old"

7. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Youre right. It would not be good for Murph to come right out and say "i am not confident in MM or TT". That would not be good for anyones confidence at this point of the season (being so early). There was a hint though.....