Packers potential playoff seeding/opponents

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HFA - Let's be real, this is gone. We are effectively 4 games behind Carolina and that is not happening.

#2 seed/bye - Despite being behind Arizona right now, we actually control our own destiny for this at the moment and will continue to do so as long as we don't fall more than 1 game behind them before our game.

#3/#4 seed, division winner - The East winner is looking like a 4 seed, but that 3 looks unfortunately likely for us, giving us a home game but no first round bye and likely 2 road games against AZ and Carolina to advance.
I've got a feeling that the 3 seed may also draw a WC game against a streaking defending NFC champs which would be a very tough draw.

#5/#6 seed, Wild card - This shouldn't happen. Tough schedule for Minnesota left. Only way I can see it possibly happening is if it comes down to Week 17 and we manage to blow it at home.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think second seed is possible. I dont know why, but my gut tells me that Carolina will implode at some point, maybe in the playoff they implode. But i think a bye week is more important than hfa, so secnd seed would be great.

Sky King

Reaction score
I think second seed is possible. I dont know why, but my gut tells me that Carolina will implode at some point, maybe in the playoff they implode. But i think a bye week is more important than hfa, so secnd seed would be great.
The talent in this league is too good; the coaches will figure out how to stop a team sooner or later no matter how daunting that team performs; injuries are too unpredictable; and the pressure to maintain a perfect record can be too great. Once momentum is lost it's not that easy to regain it. And if if that happens in the playoffs or just before them, turn out the lights. Not a prediction, only a reality check for those worried about an imperfect team playing in an imperfect league. How well we understand this scenario.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about how they're playing at the end of the season then their seeding. Of course their home record is remarkably better but we've seen them lose playoff games at home and we've seen them win three consecutive away games to get to the Super Bowl. For example, if the Packers are playing like they were early in the season I think they can go to Carolina and win.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have the talent to win their remaining games and get the #2 and a first-round bye. There's no doubt the week 16 matchup at Arizona is the toughest one left on the schedule.

I expect the Seahawks to end up with the #5 seed with the winner of this week's Falcons and Vikings game getting the second wild card berth.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Captain for the most part. I see a loss somewhere in the Dallas/Oakland/Arizona stretch but think we should end up at 12-4 or 11-5 at the worst. I believe this team will continue to build momentum heading into the playoffs. I wouldn't mind playing Seattle in the first round at Lambeau and truly believe that would set us up for a great run assuming that we win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts