Packers possible choices...

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt be too upset with any of these guys. I still would love to get an OT or OLB because those are deep positions in the draft but DL is VERY deep so I think we can still get a guy there in the 2 or 3 round. We really need only need depth picks but if there are any potential needs for next year it would be OT and OLB. I know TT doesnt draft for just need and thats why our team could withstand the injuries so we just gotta beleive in TT!

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, Ted Thompson draft's for need, he's no different than any GM/coach out there. Every pick Thompson makes fills a need somewhere, there's just a disconnect between what we feel is a need and what Thompson does. He ranks our needs differently than we do.

As long as we get a good player, I don't care what position we take in round one, just get him on the field, that's all that matters.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am completely in love with Alex Henery.

He's the most accurate kicker in the history of NCAA football. It seems like every one of his kicks goes straight down the middle. I think he's only missed two kicks from inside 50 yards in his career and at least one of those was blocked. He's got a really strong leg, too. He hit a 57 yarder near the end of the game against Colorado a few years back to take the lead with under 2 minutes left. Then the game was sealed with Ndamukong Suh's pick six. In the Big XII Championship this year, he had one kick that cleared the top of the field goal posts from 53 yards out. It was the most amazing kick I've ever seen.

The one question mark I see for Henery is that I'm not sure how good he is at kickoffs. Nebraska had another kicker that did kickoffs and just booted it into the back of the endzone every kick (or out of bounds during the Big XII Championship to let Texas get in range to kick the game winner:banghead:). He's also a really good punter, but Masthay did a great job this year, so we wouldn't need him to do that.

Members online

Latest posts