Packers play with 10

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notebook: Packers play a player short on two plays

By Dylan B. Tomlinson
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said there were two plays Monday night in which the Packers had only 10 defensive players on the field. Both plays came early in the second quarter when the Eagles were running their no-huddle offense.

The Eagles were successful on the plays, with quarterback Donovan McNabb completing a 17-yard pass and a 21-yard pass to tight end L.J. Smith.

"We had two instances in the game when that happened," McCarthy said. "It's problems with the no-huddle. They're switching personnel groups."

McCarthy said the blame could be shared by everyone.

"It's all of our faults," McCarthy said. "It's game management is which it comes under. We had two in the game, which is not what we're looking for, obviously, and we need to get that fixed.

I haven't been very impressed with the coaching staff thus far and now I read this.
Charlie McCarthy has alot more fixing to do than just this.
I'm really starting to have less faith in this guy as time goes on. The more I see him and hear him, the more I wonder.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yooper

You're right!

"It's all of our faults" sounds kinda collegiate, and of course all concerned have a responsibility - BUT you gotta wonder about the coaching if we can't even get the right number of players on the field.

Surely this is basic stuff - like a penalty on Mon nite for too many on the OL.

How many times do these guys take the field / line up? They've all been playing football for quite a while now, right?

Time for MM to show us what he is really made of!?!?!

Chris

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it was probably Carrolls fault......sure glad we FIXED the defense by letting him go!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:wall:
:wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

What's missing?????

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah thats never good. They need to make sure that never happens again.

but the 2nd quarter? Is that the quarter where it went to halftime, and GB was winning?

Ok then

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't McCarthy personally take the blame for anything? That kind of bugs me. He gets asked direct questions after losses about stupid things that happened and he always sidesteps it, "oh well...I'll have to look at the film."

Maybe it's just me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Why can't McCarthy personally take the blame for anything? That kind of bugs me. He gets asked direct questions after losses about stupid things that happened and he always sidesteps it, "oh well...I'll have to look at the film."

Maybe it's just me.

he's a first year head coach. Are you surprised he isn't a pro at working the media(the vultures)? He probably is sincere in all his "I have to look at the film" responses. That's...what coaches do.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
he's a first year head coach. Are you surprised he isn't a pro at working the media(the vultures)? He probably is sincere in all his "I have to look at the film" responses. That's...what coaches do.

I suppose. I still like him FYI

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish he would do some things better, but he is still a rookie himself, and hes shown improvement on the field, and hopefully he shows improvement in working with the media(vultures).

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I wish he would do some things better, but he is still a rookie himself, and hes shown improvement on the field, and hopefully he shows improvement in working with the media(vultures).

Havel seems out to get him in every press conference after a loss. It kinda makes me giggle

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Well perhaps the Media wouldn't question him about having 10 guys on the field if he actually had 11, you know, like you are supposed to.

To top it off he did it twice. Way to learn from your mistakes Mike!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
twice? technically yes, cuz it was back to back no huddle.

how do you learn from a mistake that is going on at the present time? you learn FROM your mistakes, like you said, not AS you make them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can he fix that (stupid) mistake if he wasnt aware of it at the time? And whose fault was it? Who was MISSING?

Why wasnt that guy out there? Was it MMs fault(which you were oh so quick to address it as) or a DB coach who botched it? Or a player, who is so bad\dumb he got cut the next day? Or another player?

Who WAS missing?

So fast to damn people without the facts, it amuses me.

but im serious, pyle(or anyone) who WAS the missing player?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the D captains should have reported it to the sideline, don't they count players before plays (the Saftey) I don't know since I haven't played but I see them counting on punts often. Perhaps on regular plays there isn't enough time?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's clearly a coaching thing. The coaches HAVE to make sure guys are on the field. I'm not saying it was MM directly but he is the HEAD COACH. If his coaching staff can't get it done it falls back on him.

Thats unacceptable, I don't care who's fault it was

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
How can he fix that (stupid) mistake if he wasnt aware of it at the time? And whose fault was it? Who was MISSING?

Why wasnt that guy out there? Was it MMs fault(which you were oh so quick to address it as) or a DB coach who botched it? Or a player, who is so bad\dumb he got cut the next day? Or another player?

Who WAS missing?

So fast to damn people without the facts, it amuses me.

but im serious, pyle(or anyone) who WAS the missing player?

According to McCarthy Tyrone Culver was the missing player on one of the plays.
He went out on the field as he was supposed to but was inexplicably called off the field leaving 10 players.
McCarthy did not address the other miscue.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I dont think that ever happened even on my junior high team. Maybe on kickoffs or something, but wow, that is simply inexcusable at the pro level.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
truth be told it is pretty sad.

that really says something if our coaches cant even have the right amount of players on the field.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, I'M not laughin! i understand that mistakes are made but twice in the same game?? then it makes me wonder how many times it's happened before?!?

Members online

Latest posts