Packers plan July 31 practice at City Stadium

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think thats pretty neat.
Trippster took me to see it a couple years ago, but I don't know if I could find it myself.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's cool how the Packers are celebrating their past by utilizing their old stomping grounds. This organization understands how important their storied past is to their fans and uses it to the fullest...nice touch.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Veg!
I think i need one of those "idiot boxes" in my car that tells me right where to turn!
Of course it would be yelling at me "I SAID RIGHT!!! Turn RIGHT you MORON!!!and thank you for using ON STAR!" :rotflmao:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would suggest to any Packer fans who are going to the Packer practice at Green Bay East High School's City Stadium to get there very early. The seating at game is free but it is on first come, first serve basis. No one know how many fans will be there. City Stadium permanent seating is 2,300. The Packers may add Temporary Bleachers. If the Packers do, I think, with temporary bleachers added , the capacity of City Stadium could be at most 7,000. This was done for the Green BAy East HS -Green Bay West HS 100th Aniversary game in 2005 which 7,000 attended.

Knowing how "rabid" Green Bay Packers fans are about the team , I would think there will be more than 7,000 will be out there at City Stadium to see the Packers practice at City Stadium.

Packer practice is being held at City Stadium on Green Bay's East Side , Corner of East Walnut Street at Baird Street , directly in back of Green Bay East High School, on Tuesday July 31, 2007. Activities start at 6:00 pm. Practice starts at 630 pm.

Parking lots at City Stadium are small and cannot handled anywhere the amount of cars that will be out there for this practice. There is also a Green Bay Bullfrog -Brainard Blue Thunder Baseball game being played at Joannes Stadium at 7:00 pm on the same nite as the Packer practice. Joannes Stadium and Joannes Aquatic (swimming) Center are located in the Joannes Park complex which is located right across the street from East HS. This will also add to the parking problem in the area.

This means that most of fans will have to park their cars on "on street parking" on the side streets west or SW of City Stadium. I would estimate this means "on side street parking" could end being within 1- 4 blocks or maybe more from City Stadium .

The Packer practice will be free, but event will be used as a fundraiser for the new Green Bay Children's Museum set to open downtown Green Bay in 2008. You can make a donation for this Children's Museum out there.

I am going to the Packer practice at City Stadium and am considering being there as 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm.

Any Packer forum poster out there at City Stadium, I will be there wearing my beige ".Crocodle Dundee" hat with Packer "G" logo on it and brim of my hat ,down to cover my tender ears from hot sunshine. It would be great to meet any packer forum posters out there and discuss Packer football..

PWT 36 (Phil) Green Bay born and raised, and a Green Bay East High School grasduate, now located in GB suburb of DePere,Wi.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would estimate this means "on side street parking" could end being within 1- 4 blocks or maybe more from City Stadium .

I would estimate 8-15 blocks and perhaps even more. The park and the river is that much less space.

I'm wondering how the traffic will be. Many of the side streets there are narrow and there isn't much for main streets to handle the volume. I'm sure there will be cops out moving people along.

Since I changed jobs and don't have vacation time I will be one less car for you all to deal with. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if i will be able to make it up there or not. If my wife works that day i wouldn't have the car to drive up there. I'll know once the time gets closer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts