Packers picked 2nd in division by most forecasters

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
bozz_2006 said:
AND... the game at lambeau WAS awful. nobody deserved to win that one, hahaha.

I disagree. The game @ Lambeau was a defensive slugfest. It was great to watch! Besides Bubba's total collapse, that is. I saw that game as an emergence game for our D.

We owned Tarvaris. Which makes me think- we get to own a QB at leaast two games a year! That's really neat!

I think it was more because TJack stunk than it was good defense. Just a quick sidenote; In the mid 90's we started mixing vodka, seven up, and purple pucker, and every time the vikes score we all chug a glass. That game we had to start drinking for any play that made positive yardage. I don't think we had more than 4 or 5 first downs the entire game.

TJack (as you call him) stinking had nothing to do with the Vikings heralded run game. As you said, 4 or 5 first downs. That's called solid defense. If you look back, the Packers D was only did better within the division the 2nd time around.

That unit had 5 of 11 players that were playing through the division & it's offensive players (minus Jackson) for the second time through. Familiarity with tendencies, etc. made them better. 3 of our four W's to close out the season were against all of our division. And that is where they showed some of the more marked improvement.

I respect all three teams as having the potential to play us very very tough, but this D should dominate NFC North offenses.

Edit: My memory was a little foggy. fixed it.

Ok, you can not blame it all on the quarterback. The defense did play great. Just remember it was against a rookie quarterback making his first NFL start at Lambeau Field on the first day of winter. I cannot recall the weather conditions that evening but we know it was not like playing in the dome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts