Packers Pick #2 - Jason Spriggs Indiana OT

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After hitting POST many of your points popped in my head. There is a very good chance a team offers some stupid (relatively speaking) money to him and I couldn't blame him in the least for taking it. Time has shown me more times than not these things sort themselves out via injuries or level of play. Bright young player I have high hopes for so I'm pulling for him to stay but your point is certainly valid.

I suspect Bakh will get free agent offers above his value and will be gone, and Spriggs will likely be a better and cheaper option beginning in 2017. As you say, time will sort it out but I really like the Spriggs pick.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Bakh will get free agent offers above his value and will be gone, and Spriggs will likely be a better and cheaper option beginning in 2017. As you say, time will sort it out but I really like the Spriggs pick.
Absolutely. I love the Spriggs pick and think it was great value and a need all in one. This kid has the tools to be good for a long time to come.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Springs worth more than a single 2nd round pick? The Pack paid a steep price to get him. The question is could they have gotten him at 57? IMO he's an upgrade over Bakt. Hope Bakt becomes a good back up.

funny how things work out, or don't.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Really liked that crystal ball. Hopefully you don't use it for financial advice.:D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will say it again, anytime you trade the opportunity to draft 3 players for 1, it's a risk. Some people keep saying the 7th rounder was nothing, but that is a guy you hold the rights to and don't have to compete with other teams to sign him as an UDFA. We will never know who the other 3 players the Packers would have ended up with had the trade not been made, but so far, this isn't looking like a brilliant move. If we were at the point of the 53 man cut down and Spriggs cost wasn't so high, does he make the cut? I think not.

I doubt the Packers will give up on him just yet, but they better start looking for a Plan B and probably C for backup players for the oline pretty soon.

D

Deleted member 6794

I will say it again, anytime you trade the opportunity to draft 3 players for 1, it's a risk. Some people keep saying the 7th rounder was nothing, but that is a guy you hold the rights to and don't have to compete with other teams to sign him as an UDFA. We will never know who the other 3 players the Packers would have ended up with had the trade not been made, but so far, this isn't looking like a brilliant move.

I don't think it's a reach to go a step further by any means and consider giving up three picks to move up to draft Spriggs a terrible move as of right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts