1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Pick #2 - Jason Spriggs Indiana OT

Discussion in '2016 Draft Archive' started by C-Lee, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Dblbogey

Dblbogey Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I suspect Bakh will get free agent offers above his value and will be gone, and Spriggs will likely be a better and cheaper option beginning in 2017. As you say, time will sort it out but I really like the Spriggs pick.

2. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Absolutely. I love the Spriggs pick and think it was great value and a need all in one. This kid has the tools to be good for a long time to come.

3. Dblbogey

Dblbogey Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    funny how things work out, or don't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Really liked that crystal ball. Hopefully you don't use it for financial advice.:D

5. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    I will say it again, anytime you trade the opportunity to draft 3 players for 1, it's a risk. Some people keep saying the 7th rounder was nothing, but that is a guy you hold the rights to and don't have to compete with other teams to sign him as an UDFA. We will never know who the other 3 players the Packers would have ended up with had the trade not been made, but so far, this isn't looking like a brilliant move. If we were at the point of the 53 man cut down and Spriggs cost wasn't so high, does he make the cut? I think not.

I doubt the Packers will give up on him just yet, but they better start looking for a Plan B and probably C for backup players for the oline pretty soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think it's a reach to go a step further by any means and consider giving up three picks to move up to draft Spriggs a terrible move as of right now.