Packers Pick #2 - Jason Spriggs Indiana OT

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs looks good. He tested off the charts. He'll have a year to learn how to play along the offensive line.

I wonder what this means for the future?!?!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got back from dinner and haven't seen any of 2nd round. I like the Spriggs pick, but see we moved up quite a bit. What did we have to give?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Springs worth more than a single 2nd round pick? The Pack paid a steep price to get him. The question is could they have gotten him at 57? IMO he's an upgrade over Bakt. Hope Bakt becomes a good back up.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
97.7 pass block efficiency. Keeps Rodgers upright. Could fill in for Bakhtiari if he leaves in FA, or provide insurance for Bulaga. TT is known for being gold in the second as well.

Most impressive was the trade. Still have two fourth rounders and only gave up our 2nd and a 7th on top of that. And we moved in front of the Bears who were reportedly hot on him, and what do you know..they trade out of their pick immediately after.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs looks good. He tested off the charts. He'll have a year to learn how to play along the offensive line.

I wonder what this means for the future?!?!

Bulaga hasnt exactly been an iron man and Bakh has never been more than solid. Spriggs looks like a guy with the ability to grow into a franchise LT with a year or two of development. Perhaps they eventually slide Bulaga inside?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the pick a lot. TT has always been very open about his draft philosophy. There are only so many 'big' guys out there and he wants to get them.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good pick Blah..Blahh..Blahh. Basically another blown draft class by frozen head Ted...these guys will be gone within three years. You mark my words

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we just need to inside depth on the OL in rounds 4-6. Also would be nice to get an ILB in those rounds as well.

Sky King

Reaction score
Let's look at OT in the past few years. Marshal Newhouse was described by one scout (to Bob McGinn) as "A guy who couldn't break a marshmallow if it was taped to his helmet." Don Barclay was okay until he got injured, then turned into a turnstile last season. Josh Walker - my eyes are still bleeding from watching him play last season.

At least we now have both Spriggs and Tretter -- both far more ready to step-in than the weak-sisters we've seen in recent years. Lane Taylor? MEH. Rotherman? Who knows?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move up to get quality rather than focusing on the number of bodies we walk away with...

I have no idea if this guy will actually work out but but I like the move, shows me he's a guy they wanted vs ..... The best guy on the board when it was their turn to pick

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Springs worth more than a single 2nd round pick? The Pack paid a steep price to get him. The question is could they have gotten him at 57? IMO he's an upgrade over Bakt. Hope Bakt becomes a good back up.

The Bears are thought to have wanted him bad so no he wouldn't have been available. Borderline 1st round guy imo that gives us options next season headed into FA and depth for next season. Added a 4th and a 7th to our 2nd to move up to get him.

This is a really good OT to be getting in the 2nd round. Dare I say Clifton 2.0?

Members online

Latest posts