Packers pick #1---Kenny Clark UCLA DL

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May as well have been Vinny Clark....Ted is suffering from dementia from his years of playing too many concussions

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you watched any film on Ragland?

Yeah, he doesn't look like a mack linebacker in this league. He also isn't a play through the blocks kind of guy, makes me think of AJ Hawk. Oh and he has a med problem, enlarged aorta

H

HardRightEdge

Dont know about that, this guy strikes me as more of a lunch pail player than Raji.
My point being, Raji was strong against the run last season and contributed next to nothing in the passing game. If you look at Clark's tape all he brings in a bull rush. His sacks are clean-up on extended plays.

He will bring more motor than Raji, which is saying something.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point being, Raji was strong against the run last season and contributed next to nothing in the passing game. If you look at Clark's tape all he brings in a bull rush. His sacks are clean-up on extended plays.

He will bring more motor than Raji, which is saying something.

In a perfect world Raji would have stuck around and we would have grabbed Darron Lee. But who else do you take there? Clark is young, has + athletic ability, plays with great leverage(wrestler) and he brings it every snap. I can see why Teddy picked him, but he strikes me as a Clinton Dix type pick more than anything else.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah, he doesn't look like a mack linebacker in this league. He also isn't a play through the blocks kind of guy, makes me think of AJ Hawk. Oh and he has a med problem, enlarged aorta
Our opinions obviously differ on Ragland. Check back with each other in 2-3 years lol

H

HardRightEdge

You're either trying to be funny or don't have a clue what you're talking about....except for the enlarged aorta issue.

If it's true, that would be a concern. But as a football player, you have no idea what you're looking at.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In a perfect world Raji would have stuck around and we would have grabbed Darron Lee. But who else do you take there? Clark is young, has + athletic ability, plays with great leverage(wrestler) and he brings it every snap. I can see why Teddy picked him, but he strikes me as a Clinton Dix type pick more than anything else.

Darron Lee was gone...20th pick to Jets. So you seriously had Lee as a better fit for the Packers then Ragland? Ok.

realist4pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't follow enough of college football to know anything about this guy. I hope he turns out better than most of TT high d line draft picks

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it always the Packers that seem to deliver the biggest reaches the draft?

was nowhere near the biggest reach and wasn't even that much of a reach

Even all the experts and sports writers didn't see this one coming it's time for Ted to go into retirement

there are several articles in this thread alone where sports writers picked clark

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even all the experts and sports writers didn't see this one coming it's time for Ted to go into retirement

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darron Lee was gone...20th pick to Jets. So you seriously had Lee as a better fit for the Packers then Ragland? Ok.

Yes, he projects better as a cover guy who can play sideline to sideline. Lee fits the teams needs better. Come on Poker I said "in a perfect world."

H

HardRightEdge

Darron Lee? That would have been a big mistake. Weak side 4-3 where you can hide him the run game, maybe.

H

HardRightEdge

Yes, he projects better as a cover guy who can play sideline to sideline. Lee fits the teams needs better. Come on Poker I said "in a perfect world."
There's a cut up of the Arkansas game on youtube. Take a look at the last play with Ragland in coverage on Henry then come back and tell me what you think. Put Darron Lee in a disciplined role and you won't have much of a football player.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They didn't see Randall either last year.

The experts and sports writers, even Kiper, don't do anywhere near the work that TT and NFL GMs do with evaluating guys. Their opinion alone isn't a good way to judge a pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts