Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Billings is the most athletic dt hands down
Nobody can be excited about Clark like really.... Come on let's be real

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure its because its a DL that people are disappointed, think there is better talent available... I can think of at least 10 that rated higher. And at least a couple of DL.

Only time will tell. But it is quite the risk passing on such talent. Does remind me of the same feeling I had for a couple of defensive bust over the last handful of years.

NKEMDICHE who just came off the board has much higher upside. Just physically more talented.

Nkemdiche as needs to change his name to dumb***. I wouldnt trust that guy even with his talent. Clarke is a legit talented nose tackle and he's likely underrated due to his youth. He's a good pick and a bit of a no brainer.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good argument can be made that Clark is the most athletic DT in this draft but he is only 20 and likely not NFL ready yet. The kid could be pretty good in a couple of seasons.

No, no it cant...

Nkemdiche (just one tackle)... Is faster, benched the same, jumped higher, and jumped further. Also has longer arms and big hands.

The only upside that I have heard of clark, is that he used to wrestle or something? So his hands are really good. And he can play multiple positions.

Clark isn't even close to the most athletic in this draft. Not even arguable.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Only because I said I would do this if Ragland was on the board and TT passed him up.......add to that Jack!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else remember the forum freak out after Randall and somewhat after Rollins last year?

Should certainly give it time before hating the pick.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nkemdiche as needs to change his name to dumb***. I wouldnt trust that guy even with his talent. Clarke is a legit talented nose tackle and he's likely underrated due to his youth. He's a good pick and a bit of a no brainer.

Read what I was replying too... MORE TALENTED. MORE TALENTED. Didn't say their isn't character issues, I wouldn't have picked him. Just saying there is more talent. Billings is another. How many do you want?

No brainer LMAO.... Yes, can't believe he didn't go #2 overall. It's so plain to see. How could I go astray. Hope you are hear to stand by that at the end of the year. I'll stand by mine K?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else remember the forum freak out after Randall and somewhat after Rollins last year?

Well we actually needed a corner when Randall was picked. Few will disagree that ilb is the weakest less talented spot on the defense yes??

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn I really couldn't believe that Jack fell all the way to us at 27. Guess you can't really blame Ted for not taking him, it must be serious for that talent to drop this far.

We might get him in the 2nd round at this rate! Lacy all over again!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we actually needed a corner when Randall was picked. Few will disagree that ilb is the weakest less talented spot on the defense yes??

ILB was arguably the biggest need last draft too. We actually need a DT also.

And I missed the rule that says they should draft only based on their biggest need.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah Thompson has such a good past of picking DL, that we should trust his judgement of talent of him passing unanimously better players.

He's like what 1 of 4 with them in the first round? And the one semi decent (Raji). Had some really bad years and injury year and retired after 6 years. So even saying he was worth a first is STRETCHING it.

So you could easily make the case that there were 2 complete BUST. And one is no where near worth a first yet. (Perry)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Kenny Clark doesn't take after Bruce Clark. The Pack drafted Bruce in 1980 and he hated Green Bay so much he never showed up to camp and signed in the USFL or some other useless league.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like Clark.....he is only 20 and will be a decent NT.....but think TT very well could have found him somewhere in the 2nd still on the board, if he could have traded back, which maybe he couldn't. But as a fan....Ragland was my dream pick and to have both him and Mack still there.....oh well.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Thompson has such a good past of picking DL, that we should trust his judgement of talent of him passing unanimously better players.

He's like what 1 of 4 in the first round lol And the one semi decent (Raji). Had some really bad years and injury year and retired after 6 years. So even saying he was worth a first is STRETCHING it lol

So you could easily make the case that there were 2 complete BUST.

All I was saying was posters should give it some time before hating the pick, especially after some of the same ones were saying the same things about Randall.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I was saying was posters should give it some time before hating the pick, especially after some of the same ones were saying the same things about Randall.

I think it is just disappointing, once again drafting a defensive lineman higher than anyone thought.. But you are right, time will tell.. I think people are just basing it on their past experience.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read what I was replying too... MORE TALENTED. MORE TALENTED. Didn't say their isn't character issues, I wouldn't have picked him. Just saying there is more talent. Billings is another. How many do you want?

No brainer LMAO.... Yes, can't believe he didn't go #2 overall. It's so plain to see. How could I go astray. Hope you are hear to stand by that at the end of the year. I'll stand by mine K?

From Bob McGinn today,

"Clark is an excellent run stuffer, the best in the draft according to one scout. Reed joins him in that same conversation.

"I think I'll be one of those grit and grind players," Clark said Wednesday. "I bring a lot of run-stopping to the team. I bring a hard edge. I bring a leader. My biggest thing is I'll do whatever the teams need me to do."

Clark, 20, started at nose tackle in a 3-4 defense all three of his seasons for the Bruins. He never missed a game and has never had surgery."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tackle-kenny-clark-b99714824z1-377378711.html

He's young, he's tough as nails. He has great stamina and he plays with toughness every snap. He's a bit of a bigger Mike Daniels albeit with less pass rush ability. I like the player but I feel like our D may have just regressed a little bit. We needed to find a real rover in this draft, not sure if we will find one.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
TT is on the phone now with the Titans.....trading our #3 and #4 for their #2 so he can grab Ragland......oh wait....sorry I was dozing off......

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other teams are passing on Jack so, if he turns into something special and everyone was wrong on the knee then Ted isn't the only one that looks foolish.

By all accounts, seems like the top 6-7 DT guys might be just shake em up and draw one out. I think the Packers needed d-lineman as much as an ILB and no matter who it was, just wasn't going to be a **** name on the board. Could we at least allow the guy to play a snap before going bat snack crazy?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is on the phone now with the Titans.....trading our #3 and #4 for their #2 so he can grab Ragland......oh wait....sorry I was dozing off......

Do we need another two down linebacker who cant cover? Good player but not what we need.

H

HardRightEdge

It's just back to the same old well. If you liked Raji last season you'll like this guy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The first round could not have fallen any better then it did for the Packers. They were virtually left with a wide assortment of defensive players to pick from. Was Clark the guy? I hope so.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other teams are passing on Jack so, if he turns into something special and everyone was wrong on the knee then Ted isn't the only one that looks foolish.

By all accounts, seems like the top 6-7 DT guys might be just shake em up and draw one out. I think the Packers needed d-lineman as much as an ILB and no matter who it was, just wasn't going to be a **** name on the board. Could we at least allow the guy to play a snap before going bat snack crazy?

That's like asking the shoutbox to not freak out after we aren't up 21 points in the first 5 minutes of a game...WAY too much ask.

Members online

Latest posts