Packers open season against New Orleans

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
called that one. Interesting though that the saints open the season 2x in a row.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link? I've heard on CHTV that they quoted McGinn on that, but there's no official release.
I've heard Bears for sure, now Saints for sure...

Gonna wait for the official thing.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's official. Eh I guess opening game tests our Defense for the new season instead of Bears which would test our Offense. W/e either works. Go Packers!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com has the schedules for everyone.

Shoulda been Packers/Bears. It's more important and is a key matchup from last season's NFC Title game.

I also hate that we play on Thanksgiving. Why is it only we play the Lions on Thanksgiving? there are TWO other teams in our division, yet I never see the Bears or Vikings scheduled..

Eh well. Happy holidays to us!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lombardi didn't like it at all that the Packers always play Thanksgiving day at Detroit. The NFL must dig it, they keep going back to it.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a good one-- I'd expect lots of offense! I'd rather have the Saints later in the season when they're not as likely to play well outside, but at least it's not in the Superdome.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing I hate about playing the Lions on Thanksgiving is that a lot of the other side of the family are Bears and Viking fans so I have to hear their stupid comments the whole game just to get a rise out of me. Thank God for beer.

Breesus H Christ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints fan here. We were lucky enough to play Dallas on thanksgiving last year and I loved it! There's nothing better than cramming a bird down your gullet and watching your team with the fam. I'd take it every year. It was extra nice beating the cowgirls.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
• 3 of the final 4 games will take place at Lambeau Field when Green Bay is at its coldest. Including December road games at the New York Giants and Kansas City, the Packers will finish the season with 5 consecutive cold-weather games.

TIME TO GET THE RUNNING GAME CRANKED UP DOWN THE STRETCH.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice opener for Packers against the Saints.

Personally for me this the new schedule is a disaster. :mad2:
I already booked my flights from Germany to Chicago and I included three weekends on my vacation trip to be sure to see the packers play at Lambeau Field.
Now they start on Thursday and after that they are on the road two times.
My flight back to Germany leaves on Oct. 1st and they play at Lambeau Field on October 2nd, aaargh :mad2:
If there is no chance to change my flights I will get me tickets for the Packers playing in Chicago :chisux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
• 3 of the final 4 games will take place at Lambeau Field when Green Bay is at its coldest. Including December road games at the New York Giants and Kansas City, the Packers will finish the season with 5 consecutive cold-weather games.

TIME TO GET THE RUNNING GAME CRANKED UP DOWN THE STRETCH.

LOL already someone bashing the running game

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also hate that we play on Thanksgiving. Why is it only we play the Lions on Thanksgiving? there are TWO other teams in our division, yet I never see the Bears or Vikings scheduled..

The NFL wants us to have a happy Thanksgiving, like we've had the past few years whipping the Lions. Of course now, with the Lions resurgent...

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

Maybe its because the Bears and Queens suck and the network actually wants a Thanksgiving Day audience. (j/k, I know the Bears are actually a viable opponent -- especially for the Lions;), but sometimes it is just fun to instigate).
:viksux::chisux:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers shouldn't have trouble handling the Saints Week 1. The offense is good, but the Saints have no defense. Emotions will be running high as the Packers start the season as defending Champs.

Members online

Latest posts