Packers Open Preseason on National TV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'll bet McCarthy likes this because it gives them a couple more days of training camp. We haven't talked about this much (that I remember anyway) but the new CBA really restricts the amount of off season work McCarthy likes to do. Too bad IMO because while I understand the NFLPA not wanting its members to get beat up in the off season more than necessary, why not just put in restrictions for work in pads or even shells, and let the teams work with players more in non-contact stuff? It can really make a difference for rookies.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm REALLY hoping I can go, but that night is also my fiancee's birthday, and while she'll cheer for the Packers, she is neither a Packers fan, nor a Chargers fan, so it wouldn't really be her ideal night out.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'll bet McCarthy likes this because it gives them a couple more days of training camp. We haven't talked about this much (that I remember anyway) but the new CBA really restricts the amount of off season work McCarthy likes to do. Too bad IMO because while I understand the NFLPA not wanting its members to get beat up in the off season more than necessary, why not just put in restrictions for work in pads or even shells, and let the teams work with players more in non-contact stuff? It can really make a difference for rookies.
Yeah, tackling is what really takes a hit with the loss of all the contact and padded practices which makes me think that preseason may take on a little different look than it has in the past. ARod and the starting O may not be on the field long for the first games but I wonder if first team D spends more time than in the past on the field. Going to be interesting to see how the second year guys do with a full offseason. I am salivating.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we just FastForward right to the playoffs please, and let me have the Giants again!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lambeau West - Part II???? Awwwww Yeeeeahh!!!! I'lll be there

That is the idea. :) Nothing official yet, still waiting for the schedule. Game might end up being on a Thursday, which would suck. But I doubt the NFL schedule this game on a Thursday and schedules it for a Saturday.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
That is the idea. :) Nothing official yet, still waiting for the schedule. Game might end up being on a Thursday, which would suck. But I doubt the NFL schedule this game on a Thursday and schedules it for a Saturday.
Saturday would be better wouldn't have to waist a sick day.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Serious? San Diego for the preseason. Is this set in stone yet?
not yet but why not. I am not going to do the spread I did last time. My wife would divorce me. but we could all get together, bbq, put back some brew and party. I will make the packer punch again. Sound good?

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
not yet but why not. I am not going to do the spread I did last time. My wife would divorce me. but we could all get together, bbq, put back some brew and party. I will make the packer punch again. Sound good?
Im in. Yeah I loved the spread, but man you were working hard that day . This time you can kick it and enjoy. How do you attach a pic to come up every time you post? Like the shot of the tailgate.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are not doing SH*T realcaliforniacheese if you have anything other than a beer in your hand I might have to get upset. :p

I did get an oil-less deep-fryer that I plan on busting out for this tailgate. :)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im in. Yeah I loved the spread, but man you were working hard that day . This time you can kick it and enjoy. How do you attach a pic to come up every time you post? Like the shot of the tailgate.

Sadly, there is no functionality to upload a picture on this site to attach to your signature. (yet) You will need to upload a photo a flickr or imageshack. Once you get the URL you can edit your signature here: http://www.packerforum.com/account/signature

Members online

Latest posts