Packers open and close season against da BEARS

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack get to rial up Brian Greise and start QB carrousel in chi-town

Packers On MNF Twice, Open 2006 At Home vs. Chicago

posted 04/06/2006

The Packers' complete 2006 schedule won't be known until 1 p.m. CT Thursday. But, in anticipation of that, packers.com has learned some advance details.

Now known is that the Packers will play a pair of prime-time road games, both on ESPN's 'Monday Night Football.' Green Bay travels to Philadelphia for a MNF contest in the season's first month, and later in the year plays at Seattle on a Monday night. Six of Green Bay's eight regular-season home games start at 12 noon CT, and there are 11 total "early" kickoffs over the course of the 16-game season.

For the first time since 2003, Green Bay will open the season at home. Fittingly, in Mike McCarthy's first game as the team's head coach, the Packers square off with long-time rival Chicago. The Packers will have an immediate opportunity to see how they match up against the defending NFC North champions in a 3:15 p.m. game that will be part of the second half of a Fox Sports doubleheader.

here is the rest of the schedule:

Sep 10 Chicago 4:15pm
Sep 17 New Orleans 1:00pm
Sep 24 @Detroit 1:00pm
Oct 2 @Philadelphia 8:30pm
Oct 8 St. Louis 1:00pm
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Miami 1:00pm
Oct 29 Arizona 1:00pm
Nov 5 @Buffalo 1:00pm
Nov 12 @Minnesota 1:00pm
Nov 19 New England 1:00pm
Nov 27 @Seattle 8:30pm
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Dec 10 @San Francisco 4:05pm
Dec 17 Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 21 Minnesota 8:00pm
Dec 31 @Chicago 1:00pm

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers open against da BEARS

Would be nice to start with off with a win against Chicago...

1. It's the Bears

2. It'd shut everyone up because most people are picking Green Bay to win 5 games at tops..

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because we have 2 MNF games that tells me that the NFL either knows or expects Favre to come back. Sorry, without Favre I think we would not get a MNF game this year. ESPN definitely wants to cover Favre's last year.

I heard that ESPN will also be doing a reality show regarding the Favre/Madden wedding ceremony and the events leading up to it. Sorry, I had to make the joke. Even though I love Favre, Madden is annoying (even though I think Madden is at NBC now, right?).

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CaliforniaCheez said:
Both MNF's are away games.

Filthydelphia and Seattle.

Bye week is week 6.

Good to see Mariucci on NFL network.

Yea but Dec 21 is prime time Thursday night at Green Bay.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that Dec 21st game I think is on NFL Network, which isn't free. Hopefully someone will tell me I am wrong!?!?!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the last 3 games are vs NFC North teams!

those could be HUGE and have big playoff implications! (I hope!)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
The problem is that Dec 21st game I think is on NFL Network, which isn't free. Hopefully someone will tell me I am wrong!?!?!

Are you a local Robin? Usually if the prime time games are on cable...a la espn, they will show it on a local channel for free. Not sure if that would be the same for NFL Network.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Robin Yount said:
Because we have 2 MNF games that tells me that the NFL either knows or expects Favre to come back. Sorry, without Favre I think we would not get a MNF game this year. ESPN definitely wants to cover Favre's last year.

I agree, but at the same time...I think they wouldnt mind having a couple MNF with the packers with YEAR 1 of the No FAvre Leage.

Everyone knows, the Packers without Favre can EASILLY be a car wreck....and everyone loves to watch a car wreck, everyone loves seeing the mighty fall from grace.

lets hope they dont though, and if favre does retire, lets hope our QB situation isnt toooooo bad!

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I am not. I am in Proctor, MN home of many many queens fans. Charter Cable does not have NFL Network. Hopefully because it is a queens game too, a local MN channel will also cover it. But I am not holding my breath. Plus, (on a personal note) I am really trying to stop drinking, so going to a bar to watch the game is not an option.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes At least we can go on the bye week with one win against New Orleans, other than that I really wish we could beat Dabears, but I think we will be beaten by them, also by Philly and San Luis, we stand a chance to beat Detroit... But I will say by week 5 we will be 1-4.. Sorry I wish I am totally wrong..

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
No I am not. I am in Proctor, MN home of many many queens fans. Charter Cable does not have NFL Network. Hopefully because it is a queens game too, a local MN channel will also cover it. But I am not holding my breath. Plus, (on a personal note) I am really trying to stop drinking, so going to a bar to watch the game is not an option.

Dump Charter and get DirecTV. It's cheaper, has local channels and I get the NFLN.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL network in announcing the schedule in a 2 hour broadcast started with highlighting the national television games then spent time going over the Packer schedule, an interview with Ahman Green, and discussion of Brett Favre. Then went to the Pittsburgh Steelers and an interview with QB Ben. The 2 teams with the largest national following.

They seem to know who is the large part of their national market.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jeez..

When's the last time the Pack played the Jets...???

(especially at Lambeau??)

(oh yeah..it was when Sherman blew that game and then lost to Atlanta....he blew a challenge in that game on a punt..that's when i really turned against him!)

oh well..bad memories...

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:

I dont think I get it on my cable system. They would have it on one of those specialty tiers on your cable system they would want you to whiz away money on. OMDB will I do that.

You can go the NFL Network page and request that your cable company carry it. Thats what I did. Just go to the link that says Get NFL Network and follow the instructions, I wont explain them here.

Members online