Packers oline-top 5

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...the-year?campaign=fb-nf-sf52092412-sf52092412
David Bakhtiari was the best pass blocking tackle in the entire league, according to PFF, while Bryan Bulaga ranked fourth. Right guard T.J. Lang is finally getting the recognition he deserves and didn't give up a sack this season, along with center Corey Linsley. Left guard Lane Taylor played very well when replacing Josh Sitton, who left just before the start of the 2016 campaign. This group never seemed to get surprised or beat by any defensive fronts.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not bad especially considering they had no threat of a running game much of the year.

While you're right about losing Lacy and Starks making it tough on the offensive line it is partly to blame for the running game struggling at times though.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you're right about losing Lacy and Starks making it tough on the offensive line it is partly to blame for the running game struggling at times though.

Agreed that they are not a great running blocking line. They would be better of they had better backs and I think they might be even better against the pass bc d lineman would have to play the run too

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty is just as good a running back as lacy has been the last two seasons. The oline is built to pass block, not run block. Bahk and Bulaga are excellent tackles that are terrific at positioning, not maulers that drive guys off the line. The packers cut their best run blocker in Sitton because he dared to question MM and so this line is pretty clearly the best pass blocking line in the NFL but doesn't have the personnel to excel in the run game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't shocking to me. I was ******* Bahk last year but he's gotten way better. Idk what's going to happen with Lang but this is s good group.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If officials (one's quoted in my article) say there isn't a foul there isn't a foul..

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't believe it; it's a hoax! Just ask Atlanta fans. Packers do nothing but hold and don't get called:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...rfected-the-art-of-getting-away-with-holding/

Sounds like they have been talking to Viking fans. They always talk about this on sports radio here.

Honestly every team thinks the opposing line gets away with holds because they do. There is no way refs could call every hold. Clay got held a couple times last week. It happens. Threads like that one make Falcon fans look like real whiners

Members online

Latest posts