Packers' O-line adjusts to Bulaga injury

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Bulaga was getting his *** handed to him by his Cardinal opponent so no wonder he wound up with that type of injury.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was pleased with Langs job of moving to the outside. I dont want him there every week but if Bulaga misses a game or two I have confidence in him to at least be serviceable. I thought the Oline played more physically on sunday whether or not it was because of the different guys playing or not is hard to say. I liked what EDS did as a backup and am glad we have some decent depth and versatility in that position.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lang got thrown in at LT during his rookie season, and while he struggled against Jared Allen like most LTs do, I've always thought that he does a good job there. He's just not the prototype.

The real problem seems to be what happens if we get another injury on the OL?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lang got thrown in at LT during his rookie season, and while he struggled against Jared Allen like most LTs do, I've always thought that he does a good job there. He's just not the prototype.

The real problem seems to be what happens if we get another injury on the OL?

It gets complicated. Right now, Barclay is the 6th man. If an injury happens at tackle, I'd presume he'd step in, though I could see Lang swinging to LT if Newhouse got hurt.

If there was an injury at the interior, I'd guess Lang would move back to LG, Barclay to RT. If EDS is the injury, we're done. If it's Saturday or Sitton, EDS to whichever position is light.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they'll need to dig deep into their roster for this guy:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I and a number of posters were worried about our OL depth going back to preseason.

How many options can you expect them to have? EDS can play anywhere inside, Lang has shown he can play anywhere but center. I saw Van Roten (although Im not over impressed by him) was active last week as well. The packers have enough depth to take on at least 2 OL injuries at one time to any of the position. If we loose two tackles we will be in a bit more trouble. But I dont think you can expect to have much more depth and versatility on OL than we currently have.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many options can you expect them to have? EDS can play anywhere inside, Lang has shown he can play anywhere but center. I saw Van Roten (although Im not over impressed by him) was active last week as well. The packers have enough depth to take on at least 2 OL injuries at one time to any of the position. If we loose two tackles we will be in a bit more trouble. But I dont think you can expect to have much more depth and versatility on OL than we currently have.

There's depth and then there's quality depth. After EDS I don't see much. Even if you considered Sherrod who was always iffy at the start of the season, where was the depth? By your own admission you aren't impressed with Van Roten. Who else can you point to?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherrod's been given the o.k. to practice, so they now have 3 weeks to decide if he can be activated. Hopefully yes.

Reaction score
If more guys on the o-line go down - BJ Raji can play Offensive Guard.... If another HB goes down - we'll have Raji run the wild cat.... If another Linebacker goes down - Raji will be there ! :tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having Sherrod available to activate from the PUP is great. Hopefully he continues working out through the BYE week, since he really only gets two weeks to show that he's ready for activation. I'm sure that Campen and McCarthy have an O-line plan in case of further injuries, but it would be nice if we all knew what it was! That ain't gonna happen though

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing like awarding players now for what they did last year. That's how it always is. These guys were our horses last year. What happened?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point we would need Sherrod somewhere. We have to face fearsome D lines in NY, Detroit, Minnesota, and Chicago. Guys could take a beating. I am not so sure that Sherrod will see the field this year. That was one of the most painful and brutal injuries a player could have.
Ironically, EDS will be on the line against Detroit. That means his first start is against the guy that stomped his head last season. Co-incidence?

Members online

Latest posts