Packers number of draft picks for 2015?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've searched around but can't find how many draft picks we have this year. Does anyone know how many picks we have this year taking into account past trades?

Also, will we be getting any compensation picks this coming draft?

D

Deleted member 6794

I've searched around but can't find how many draft picks we have this year. Does anyone know how many picks we have this year taking into account past trades?

Also, will we be getting any compensation picks this coming draft?

We have the 30th pick in each of the seven rounds and I expect the Packers to get an additional two compensatory picks for losing James Jones, Evan Dietrich-Smith, C.J. Wilson and Marshall Newhouse.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the 30th pick in each of the seven rounds and I expect the Packers to get an additional two compensatory picks for losing James Jones, Evan Dietrich-Smith, C.J. Wilson and Marshall Newhouse.

Any guesses on what rounds the comp picks will be?

andeftw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shouldn't we be getting four compensatory picks? Julius Peppers and Letroy Guion were both released by their respective teams, so they won't count as free agent signings if I'm not mistaken.
CJ Wilson and Marshall Newhouse should net us a seventh round pick each, James Jones a 6th rounder and Dietrich-Smith a 5th.

D

Deleted member 6794

Shouldn't we be getting four compensatory picks? Julius Peppers and Letroy Guion were both released by their respective teams, so they won't count as free agent signings if I'm not mistaken.
CJ Wilson and Marshall Newhouse should net us a seventh round pick each, James Jones a 6th rounder and Dietrich-Smith a 5th.

The NFL doesn´t release the formula for calculating compensatory picks but taking a look at previous seasons we´ll only get a pick for losing Jones and EDS because the contracts Wilson and Newhouse signed combined with their performance doesn´t warrant getting any.

andeftw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL doesn´t release the formula for calculating compensatory picks but taking a look at previous seasons we´ll only get a pick for losing Jones and EDS because the contracts Wilson and Newhouse signed combined with their performance doesn´t warrant getting any.

You are right, I didn't take performance into account. We might be able to get a 7th round pick for Newhouse if the 32 pick limit isn't reached. My 5th round pick forecast for EDS might also be a little on the high side.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

You are right, I didn't take performance into account. We might be able to get a 7th round pick for Newhouse if the 32 pick limit isn't reached.

I haven´t followed Newhose´s performance in Cincinnati, all I know is he played a total of 365 offensive snaps. If his time with the Packers is any indication though we might owe the Bengals a compensatory pick.

andeftw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven´t followed Newhose´s performance in Cincinnati, all I know is he played a total of 365 offensive snaps. If his time with the Packers is any indication though we might owe the Bengals a compensatory pick.

Can't disagree with you there. I remember him horrific in the midseason TNF Browns-Bengal game...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts