• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

In addition to activating JC Tretter and releasing Derek Sherrod the Packers have signed RB Rajion Neal and ILB Joe Thomas to the practice squad. The team had reached injury settlements with both of them after they got injured during camp. To make room on the PS they released TE Ike Ariguzo and DL Joe Kruger.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have re-signed G Jordan McCray to the practice squad and released RB Michael Hill (one of their two veteran exemptions).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers, Burnett, Datone Jones, Shields and Tretter all practiced today, Lang and Sitton only non-participants.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Lang and Sitton only non-participants.
What's wrong with Sitton? Understand that Lang's ankle might still be swollen/sore after only 1.5 weeks, but Sitton?

Glad McCray is back... always thought he and Lane Taylor were similar (talent-wise). Maybe the McCray is a better "game day" guy than Taylor?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton said he had been getting treatment on an injury he wouldn't specifically mention last week when he was on the bill michaels show.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

What's wrong with Sitton? Understand that Lang's ankle might still be swollen/sore after only 1.5 weeks, but Sitton?

He disclosed in a radio interview that he's dealing with a foot injury he sustained vs. the Saints.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Sitton said today that he suffered a torn ligament in his left big toe, McCarthy optimistic he'll be able to practice tomorrow.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Lang and Sitton only two guys not participating in today's practice.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report for Sunday: Out: WR Dorsey. Questionable: G Sitton, G Lang. Probable: QB Rodgers, CB Shields, S Burnett, DL Jones.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton had an 8 am workout. Both completed it. Work load they were asked to do, they exceeded it.

Dorsey suffered significant foot injury during Thursday's practice, will be out several weeks.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton had an 8 am workout. Both completed it. Work load they were asked to do, they exceeded it.

Dorsey suffered significant foot injury during Thursday's practice, will be out several weeks.
The news about Lang and Sitton is good news.
Makes me feel better about Sunday.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Morgan Burnett downgraded to questionable for Sunday's game vs. Bears after workout on Saturday.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Downgrading him the day before the game pretty much ensures he isn't playing. At least the Bears have Bennett questionable as well and maybe even more telling is that they just signed a new TE to the roster.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have signed WR Alex Gillett to the practice squad and released G Jordan McCray.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting. What do you make of this Captain?

After the Packers signed an offensive lineman to the active roster in Meredith and put Dorsey on injured reserve I expected them to bring in another receiver to the practice squad. It was obvious McCray would be the odd man out.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Bostick (hip), Elliott (hamstring), Lang and Sitton didn't practice today.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

T.J. Lang returned to practice today, Josh Sitton did some work in pads as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have signed TE Justin Perillo to the active roster and released T Jamon Meredith.

H

HardRightEdge

Packers have signed TE Justin Perillo to the active roster and released T Jamon Meredith.
Evidently Meredith did not show enough to warrant a roster spot in light of Sitton and Lang showing they're game worthy. The Packers now have 8 OL on the active roster + Walker and Vujnovich on PS. I'm resigned to thinking Lang is likely the backup OT, something I'd not like to ever see.

Bringing Perillo up to the active roster is an expression of more acute concern at the TE/FB/H-Back positions in light of Bostick's injury. 3 guys in that group is not much depth in the event of an injury. Even if Perillo is not game day active, he's protected if needed for the following week(s).

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Evidently Meredith did not show enough to warrant a roster spot in light of Sitton and Lang showing they're game worthy. The Packers now have 8 OL on the active roster + Walker and Vujnovich on PS. I'm resigned to thinking Lang is likely the backup OT, something I'd not like to ever see.

McCarthy said during yesterday's press conference that Tretter will be the primary backup at tackle on Sunday.

H

HardRightEdge

McCarthy said during yesterday's press conference that Tretter will be the primary backup at tackle on Sunday.
Glad to hear that. I don't like Lang at OT and I don't like line shuffles, as previously noted.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have signed G Rishaw Johnson to the practice squad. Johnson appeared in three games (one start) with the Chiefs last season and was on the Buccaneers 53 man roster for another three games in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts