Packers notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers signed a 6'6', 287 lb. DE Joe Kruger to practice squad, a guy I'm not familiar with:
The last 6'-6", 280+ lb'er we signed Capers turned into an OLB ;). The "length" had more to do with DE's (300+lb'ers???) than OLB I thought.

Maybe he'll be our JJ Watt? (wishful thinking)

Reaction score
I'm curious to hear your guys opinion on the topic of injury replacements.
If a starting player goes out due to injury and his replacement is playing well and we're winning games. Do you pull that replacement player when the original starter had healed if we are on a win streak? E.g. Lattimore/Jones; Linsley/Tretter. Etc. etc. and a Either decision, what's your formula for that answer rather than a simple yes or no

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

If a starting player goes out due to injury and his replacement is playing well and we're winning games. Do you pull that replacement player when the original starter had healed if we are on a win streak? E.g. Lattimore/Jones; Linsley/Tretter. Etc. etc. and a Either decision, what's your formula for that answer rather than a simple yes or no

I think it should be pretty simple. If the replacement outplays the injured starter he should keep the job.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my formula: If I like the replacement better than the original starter, the starter loses his job. If I like the original starter better, he "can't lose his job due to injury". ;) Therefore, Lattimore stays.

Seriously, IMO it should be a case by case issue, with no firm formula or rule. That is, or should be the case even without an injury: If a starter is playing poorly or another player is outplaying him in practice, a change should be made. With regard to Tretter and Linsley, I would leave Linsley as the starter for the rest of the season and then have them battle for the job next season.

H

HardRightEdge

Core players get their jobs back. After that, it's the best man wins. Jones and Tretter are not core players.

Tretter hasn't even taken an NFL snap; he's like an unproven rookie.

Jones might be the better all-around football player, but Lattimore's physicality and aggressiveness fills a need Jones cannot.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Kruger is the younger brother of ex Raven and current Brown Paul Kruger.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Injury report: Boykin out, Datone Jones and Barrington questionable, Bakhtiari and Boyd probable for Sunday's game at Miami.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami has a very good pass rush, if Bulaga has to play LT and Sherrod RT, Rodgers is in trouble. Give the ball to Lacy

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That depends entirely on the starter. If the "starter" has never started a game or was playing very badly before they got hurt then it's probably going to be hard for them to get their job back if their replacement plays well. If Clay Matthews gets hurt and Mike Neal comes in and plays well for a couple games then Clay is not going to remain on the bench when he's healthy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Jamari Lattimore, Datone Jones, Jarrett Boykin and JC Tretter all returned to practice today, Sam Shields and Tramon Williams didn't participate.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it should be pretty simple. If the replacement outplays the injured starter he should keep the job.

Bingo. I understand the sentiment of not losing your job due to injury, but the best guys should play, and sentiment shouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Morgan Burnett, Datone Jones, Sam Shields and James Starks not practicing today.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe get to see Harris in the game while it still matters?

Well, it seems like McCarthy expects Burnett, Jones and Starks to have a chance to play on Sunday, he wasn't that optimistic about Shields though.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Shields will be good to go after the bye week.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

James Starks and Datone Jones returned to practice today.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
It'd be nice to have D Jones back. I know Lacy is talking about wanting to have a huge game in New 'leans, which I hope happens, but Starks is a great back up RB for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts