• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Greg Jennings is signing with the Miami Dolphins.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers will honor Ron Wolf in a halftime ceremony with his name to be unveiled next to fellow Pro Football Hall of Famers on the stadium’s east side during the team's home game vs. the Lions November 15.

H

HardRightEdge

Some interesting trivia...the Packers released Travis Dekker and Aleric Mullins.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/301746301.html

"Dekker was on the reserve / military list and Mullins on the reserve / did not report list.

Here's the interesting part: Dekker was put on that list in 2009; Mullins was put on his list in 2011.

The Packers have apparently been hanging on to the rights of both players just in case they come back. At least that appears to be the implication. Either that or they just forgot they still had the rights to them."

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Pittsburgh OL Matt Rotheram is first undrafted prospect to sign with Packers.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers add Stony Brook WR Adrian Coxson and LB Tavarus Dantzler from Bethune-Cookman.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add Crockett and Hunt
1.33 edit: and Lavon Hooks
1.36 edit: and Agnew + Vaughtters
1.58 edit: and Harris + Maples
edit. add Gunter; Deleted Collins (tryout)

So we have signed:

John Crockett - RB - North Dakota State
Malcolm Agnew - RB - Southern Illinois
Alonzo Harris - RB - Lafayete
Raymond Maples - RB - Army

Adrian Coxson - WR - Stony Brook
Larry Pinkard - WR - Old Dominion
Jimmie Hunt - WR - Missouri

Mitchell Henry - TE - Western Kentucky

Matt Rotheram - OL - Pittsburgh
Fabbians Ebbele - OL - Arizona
Marcus Reed - OL - Fayetteville State

Lavon Hooks - DT - Ole Miss

Tavarus Dantzler - ILB - Bethune-Cookman
James Vaughtters - OLB - Stanford

Bernard Blake - CB - Colorado State
Ladarius Gunter - CB/S - Miami (Fla)

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

OL Matt Rotheram and OLB James Vaughters are probably the most intriguing prospects out of the players the Packers signed in UDFA. Here's some info on them:

Rotheram teamed up with right tackle T.J. Clemmings to form our highest-rated linemen duo in all of college football last year. No tandem crushed more double teams than this one, allowing Panthers running backs to gain 1600 to the right of center last year. Clemmings gets all the draft hype with his immense physical skills, but Rotheram produced at almost the same rate. All of our analysts that watched Rotheram loved how technically sound he is. He rarely breaks form and gets himself into bad positions and thus rarely gets beaten cleanly.

Unfortunately for Rotheram, all of our analysts also agreed that he is an extremely underwhelming athlete for the position. His strength and agility pale in comparison to the upper echelon of guards in this class. NFL teams are far more likely to take an athlete with poor technique rather than the other way around for the simple fact that you can’t coach athleticism. This will work to Rotheram’s detriment, but we think he does enough things well that he should be on an NFL roster Week 1 next season.

Vaughters led all draft eligible edge defenders in pass rush productivity with a score of 15.3 notching 38 pressures on only 196 pass rushes this season. Part of a productive defense for the Cardinal, Vaughters rushed on only 70.8% of his snaps but made full use of his almost 200 pass rushes to top this list.

In addition he was the best edge defender in run stop percentage as well. Though he played fewer than 600 snaps this season, Vaughters produced the numbers that a full-time starter would be proud of against both run and pass.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our UDFA by CBS ranking:
240 Malcolm Agnew RB
266 John Crockett RB
313 Ladarius Gunter CB/S
360 James Vaughtters OLB
503 Bernard Blake CB
504 Adrian Coxson WR
530 Matt Rotheram OL
561 Fabbians Ebbele OL
613 Jimmie Hunt WR
728 Alonzo Harris RB
745 Mitchell Henry TE
767 Larry Pinkard WR
855 Javess Blue WR

Not ranked:
Raymond Maples RB
Marcus Reed OL
Lavon Hooks DT
Tavarus Dantzler ILB

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As we all know the UDFA list is more important for the Packers than most other teams. Like some of you, I was surprised the Packers used a 3rd rounder at WR and I'm a little surprised there are so many UDFAs at that position. Not a big deal, just a little surprised. I'm also surprised more ILBs haven't been signed as UDFAs. The only one I've seen listed at that position so far is Dantzler. If I were the most sought after UDFA at ILB (or his agent) I'd sign with Green Bay.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm also surprised more ILBs haven't been signed as UDFAs. The only one I've seen listed at that position so far is Dantzler. If I were the most sought after UDFA at ILB (or his agent) I'd sign with Green Bay.

I would have really liked to get Zach Vigil as an UDFA, unfortunately he signed with the Dolphins.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
In Thompson's presser at the end of day three, Wilde (I think) asked about UDFAs and here's a paraphrase of what Thompson said, 'We had some studies done that found the number of plays our rookie FAs have been a part of is something like double anybody else over the last several years.'

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Thompson's presser at the end of day three, Wilde (I think) asked about UDFAs and here's a paraphrase of what Thompson said, 'We had some studies done that found the number of plays our rookie FAs have been a part of is something like double anybody else over the last several years.'

If asked I'd have guessed around that but man it still is shocking to truly see it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that good or bad? Really good rookie FAs or poor veterans/draft choices?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with as little activity at ILB as we've had this offseason, whether it be FA, the draft or now being able to sign UDFA's, it means either the linebackers available to them this year just suck, or they have a good idea of what's on the team currently and they like them. It makes me nervous, no doubt, because it wasn't exactly a position of strength and not seeing any change is a bit worrisome. but, we have options and one is the option of moving clay inside makes this all much more tolerable, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts