• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Micah Hyde and Bryan Bulaga practiced today, Casey Hayward and Brad Jones didn't participate.

H

HardRightEdge

Casey Hayward has a glute strain.
Glute strain? His issues seem to be migrating north. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't need a doctor to tell me the difference between a hammy and a pain in the ****.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all connected. I don't look at his glute any differently than I do his hamstring injury. They are sympathetic injuries.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Hayward isn't going to end up a chronic injury career with a 'what if' attached to the end of his career.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Hyde probable, Bulaga and Hayward questionable, Brad Jones out for Sunday's game vs. Lions.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers put Mulumba on injured reserve, don't make any moves to fill open roster spot.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they sit out Bulaga one more week to be sure. Same with Hayward.
Big opportunity for House this week.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers sign G Josh Walker, a rookie out of Middle Tennessee State to the practice squad and release C Josh Allen.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Clay Matthews and Brad Jones both back at practice.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Still no one to replace Mulumba.
Anyone heard if they've even brought anyone in for a tryout?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Still no one to replace Mulumba.
Anyone heard if they've even brought anyone in for a tryout?

Great move by Thompson, saves the Packers approximately $25,000 in cap space every single week.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I have heard is that they dumped an OL off the PS and picked one up. That still leaves them at 52.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Great move by Thompson, saves the Packers approximately $25,000 in cap space every single week.
He and the scouts must be searching for that one guy they think can help later on in the season. I noticed that there is some roster churning going on with 2 or 3 teams this week. Is there a CBA rule that limits the time you can keep the roster under 53?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and the scouts must be searching for that one guy they think can help later on in the season. I noticed that there is some roster churning going on with 2 or 3 teams this week. Is there a CBA rule that limits the time you can keep the roster under 53?
As far as I can tell there is NO minimum # of players required to be on a roster, the team only needs to spend 89% of the salary cap (Packers are well over that salary floor).

Can't imagine TT will let that extra roster spot remain open for too long... is he working on a deal? (trying to start rumors with that question :) )

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

No, there´s no rule prohibiting a team to have less than 53 players on the roster, it has some small implications on players being eligible for the practice squad, not in the Packers case though.

As far as I can tell there is NO minimum # of players required to be on a roster, the team only needs to spend 89% of the salary cap (Packers are well over that salary floor).

NFL teams have to spend 89% of the salary cap in actual cash over a four year period (2013-16 and 2017-20) under the current CBA. The Packers are fine in that aspect as they spent approximately $160 million in cash last season and will spend $134 million this season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no sense in filling a roster spot just for the sake of having 53. All of the guys on the practice squad are practicing with the team. I'm not expecting a blockbuster transaction but they are obviously waiting for something to happen. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Boykin (knee/groin) and Brad Jones questionable for Sunday's game vs. Bears, Bulaga, House, Matthews and Perry probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts