Packers need to reboot...

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to my job I can't watch games, so really tough to make any kind of educated guess beyond stats and what I hear. What do you all think this team needs to play like it should? Since so far the entire season has been embarrassing or borderline embarrassing as a whole. We have more offensive weapons than we have in a long time, we should have one of the best offenses in the league right now but no where near it in actual performance. Could it be the influx of new people (rookies included) and just not enough time to mesh and find their groove? Or maybe coaching staff (since some are brand new, looking more at MM)? From the stats and replays that I can watch I see Aaron Jones not getting enough snaps, looks to me he gets decent to good yards per rush just not nearly enough handoffs, Jimmy Graham, need to get him FAR more involved, huge target with good hands, throw more please. I have no idea on defense side of the game what's wrong. All in all we should at least keep pace during first half, then when defense kicks in and starts stopping the opponent we should pull ahead.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is weird in that he has this undying urge to work on weaknesses... Not rush certain players with huge potential... Fundamentals and development to the 10th degree...
To develop his team as a whole. A team usually stacked with youth! Stacked!!! He Has to teach them ups and Downs. Team mentality. Nurse. The never ending injury bug...

All so we can peak week 15 or 16 going into the playoffs... Imo... To McCarthy. The big picture thinker that he is. He figures its better to peak week 15 with a 10-5-1 record. Rather than come into a 13-3, 1st round bye beat up with inexperienced depth, and playing the divisional round not at 100%...

I seen McCarthy do this his whole time in gb. Fundamentals dictate.

To .Add to that... The fundamentals dictate until our backs are up against the wall. We all seen #12 pull off 3 td deficits in 4th quarter heroics, once McCarthy gets desperate enough to say eff the fundamentals.... Its go time.

D

Deleted member 6794

We have more offensive weapons than we have in a long time, we should have one of the best offenses in the league right now but no where near it in actual performance.

The Packers currently don't have more weapons on offense than they had in previous seasons.

Reaction score
We should of got rid of Capers one year sooner and kept J. Nelson around for another year.
Let Rodgers contract expire closer to the end, and in the mean time, look for another starting QB.

D

Deleted member 6794

since they didn't close the Mack deal there's nothing that can be done except tread water until they're out from under Rodgers' contract.

The Packers have enough wiggle room under the salary cap to field a competitve team around Rodgers. It will take at least another offseason though.

Reaction score
The Packers have enough wiggle room under the salary cap to field a competitve team around Rodgers. It will take at least another offseason though.
Is that a wise thing to do?

Rodgers is only one player.
What happens if he can't play, do they rebuild around another qb?

Just wondering

D

Deleted member 6794

Is that a wise thing to do?

Rodgers is only one player.
What happens if he can't play, do they rebuild around another qb?

Just wondering

The Packers will hold on to Rodgers for another six seasons, which is a smart thing to do as he's the best quarterback in the league when healthy.

Members online

Latest posts