1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Need to Hit in This Draft

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Apr 23, 2013.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    How much can you trust those #s though? We're talking about a track athlete in his prime, a guy who's body is already fully developed. You can't place his numbers on the same level as a 22 year old kid still going through puberty who only had a few months with a track coach to try to show his athleticism. I see a big skew there.

2. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    I thought I read that he got manhandled in the Senior bowl. Did amazing in drills, but on the field, he got thrown around by most of the OL. I remember one year when BJ Raji and Clay Matthews were stars in the actual game. I think it matters more to TT how they do in games than in practice.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Bet your betty he got tossed around. Absolutely lousy SeniorBowl, nobody saw him after he weighed in. He got tossed around by D2 OL too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    tyrann update. NFL radio just reported he missed 2 team visits last week and advertising flyer surfaced advertising a post draft party he is hosting. Hmmm. Think he just dropped another round or two.

5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013

I don't think it will hurt his draft status...to good of a football player.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I didn't know at his position that wear was a concern...
    I mean its a way to spin it but the reality is he will be 26 this season and a complete project. He is a work out warrior but this isn't college, this is the nfl. You can't muscle your way through nfl O lines. Technique wins almost every time. If he is there in the 3rd round I'm considering it. Until then no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Heh, ok. So championships are won in March and April. Got it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    You are the only one saying that.

10. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    How good of a football player was he last year? With a record like that, there is about a 99.99999999% chance he is suspended by Sheriff Goodell early in his career.

I'm all for second chances. But not 12th-chances.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    More proof Bleacher Report is nothing more than glorified bloggers: Zach Kruse is a featured columnist. You may remember this name from him winning one of the three spots to be a FAN COLUMNIST for the Journal Sentinel this season. I make no indictment on Kruse or his writing. But the fact he can go from a fan columnist for the local paper to a featured columnist for the new CNN sports page is patently ridiculous. And again, his most recent article was a slideshow to ramp up those page views.

12. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013

I hear you bro i really do...but then i start to have flashbacks of a guy named Randy Moss, yea remember him?? All kinds of red flags coming out of Marshall, nobody wanted to touch him because of his off field mess. Heck we even passed on him for who?? Vonnie Holliday i think. Randy Moss is considered one of the greatest wr's of all time not because he liked to smoke tweeds but because he is a FOOTBALL player and ppl couldn't look past his flaws. Sometimes you have to look pass the "red flags" and give a guy a chance.....or else sombody else will where he turns out to be the next Charles Woodson.

13. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    You are forgetting about Rae Carruth (went to jail on murder charges); Johnny Jolly (prison for drug dealing); Travis Henry (drug trafficing); Lawrence Phillips (drunk driving, assault); Art Schliester (gambling); Pacman Jones; Chris Henry; None of these guys helped their teams by being in jail.

And these are the big names who had issues - most where high draft picks or had some success. There are many more names of guys who had issues who didn't do well. Going back over 2010 draft - troubled characters like Chris Cook a phenom CB with a troubled past. Guiltly of assaulting his GF and some other issues. Can't recall any more names, but every year there are a dozen or so who drop due to character. And being that I don't remember their names, pretty much shows you that nothing became of them. One guy I can think of, but can't recall the name, was the Cincy LB. Had a great season last year despite not even getting drafted. At one time he was thought of as a 1st round pick.

Burfcit - or something.

Anyway - there is risk involved, and I don't think the returns are that big. And don't lump Charles Woodson in there. Questions about him where if he was a 'team player', he would work out with his own trainer in the offseason and skip OTAs. That is a far cry from multiple failed drug tests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yes, in response to your comment about how we suddenly have to keep up with San Francisco, who before tonight, did nothing but sign a bunch of free agents.

15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    After almost a dozen violations, he really needs another chance? So, by your standards, a drunk driver gets multiple DUI's and still deserves a drivers license? This kid was given free pass after free pass and still was dumb enough to repeat his offenses.....the guy is an idiot plain and simple. Not to mention, the guy is undersized and has yet to play against NFL calibur guys.....he would most likely get chewed up. Once a turd, always a turd.....I hope he goes undrafted.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I like the kid. I think he is talented. I also think other than a few redeeming qualities, bleacher report sucks and is worst thing to happen to sports journalism since ESPN.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    You know you are a bad pick when you are compared to randy moss off the field but not on the field.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Vontaze Burfict. The difference is that Burfict wasn't a gangsta with a ton of baggage. He was projected as the top ILB at the start of the 2011 season and played very ho-hum and didn't have much of a Combine either. He said he was going to prove everyone wrong. Cincy picked him up as a 7th rounder I think, and he went on to do just that.

19. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013

How many NFL snaps has he played?? zero right? oh ok?? just checking.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    How many first round draft parties has he thrown?

Ok just checkin

21. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013

:cautious:... i don't get it.

22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ he was hosting a "party" for the draft, not a smart thing to tweet about when you know damn well that he is a trouble maker. Bet ya, beyond a doubt, that he could NOT pass a drug test after last nights draft party.

23. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Where did I say suddenly? I said we had to get better to overtake them then you went off on your own tangent.

24. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
  25. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Can't really argue with that. I think we are a great football team but at this point we are still looking up at San Francisco. They had an amazing draft and Kaepernick is only going to get better. Denver is going to be tough to...all those weapons for Manning and adding Ball will bolster their run game.

• Agree Agree x 1