1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Packers MYSPACE Layouts

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    anybody know of any GB layouts for myspace?

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know of any but that myspace crap is a nightmare to configure. You have to use that jacked up html and css in the "profile information" to get the look of the page to change. That is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen for letting user customize their own "space".

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    im on it cuz all my friends are on it. i even got a message from one of my ex girlfriends who dumped me via email(aka the weirdest thing ever) and well...its entertaining...]\

but i needs to represent GB through myspace, yo!

4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I understand. The ONLY reason I setup and account on there was because a couple of my cousins hounded me to do it. Heck I have a full blown personal family website, but I had to setup a myspace account.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    All i keep hearing about that site on TV is how all the pervs are going there to pick up 13 year old girls. It's another thing started for the right reason, being misused by the bad guys.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    any new technology is gonna be used by the wrong people for the wrong reasons.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree Trom! I'm not saying the site is bad. I bet it's alot of fun......it's a shame there are so many bad people out there that take a good thing and mess it up. Like you said.......it's the PEOPLE that abuse and miss use it. It's like that with all things.

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The girls have to know what to do on these sites. They have to prevent the predators from hitting on them too. Know what kind of information you want people to see. dont get too personal.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    SO right PC!!!! So.......how OLD are you???? LOLOLOLOL!!! :lol:
    (Couldn't resist!)LOLOL!!!

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Too old to be a young girl cheesey.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm too old to be a young boy too.............and too poor to be rich, and too rich to be poor!!!

So......instead of "Packer CHICK"..........would Packer HEN be more appropiate??? :wink: :lol:

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Actually, it is just one more attempt by the government to take away yet another chunk of our right to free speech. They do not like blogs in general so they clam that they want to step in and regulate it for "the children" which is a bunch of crap. If you do not want your kid to have access to Myspace then quit being so damn lazy, act like a parent and block it from their computer.
    Myspace has over 55 million members and is by far the most popular site of it's kind. The thought of that many people being able to speak their minds and share their opinions scars the hell out of this administration.
    Are there pervs logged on to pick up minors? Sure, but you have the same type of weirdo hanging out at the local mall or the neighborhood laundromat. The world is not always like watching Nickelodeon now is it.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Nope.....it's just that now you don't just have to worry about the "local" pervs at the local mall, you have to worry about them from hours of driving away. Did you see that "Dateline" special, where they got over 50 guys in one day to come to a house to have sex with a young girl or boy? These guys traveled for the chance to get one of these kids. If this is just ONE house that they got this many guys to come to, how many of these things happen for REAL to kids? Yes, the parents need to take a more active approach to their kids today. But with it being almost necessary for both parents to work to make a living, it's alot harder to do so. Look at how far the morals have dropped from say the 1950's......it's been a slow decline, so it's not as noticable. If you took JUST what you saw on TV today, with the sex, violence, and the swearing and dropped it onto a TV show in say 1957, it wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds on the air. Yet i hear from kids today that there are "oral sex clubs", and the girls wear colored bracelets, where if a boy can break one off her wrist, she has to do whatever the color says to that boy. There's all kinds of stuff that kids are subjected to today, that parents don't even know. So the only way a parent can keep their kid from this is to take them out of public school, and take them away from their friends who do that kind of stuff. When i was a kid, the bad influences were the minority.......today, your not cool if you don't do that stuff. It's sad, but it is what it is. In some ways, i'm glad i don't have any kids.......at least i don't have to worry what they would be subjected to. No matter what the parents try to teach their kids, if they are getting bombarded by wrong influences at school, and by their friends, it's hard for them to stay straight in todays messed up world.

14. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I have a daughter that will be 17 years old next month so I am fully aware on how things are. How many people (including teens) use some sort of instant messaging service every day? Millions. Why not go after AIM?
    These Internet stings have been going on for years, long before sites like Myspace were ever started.
    I saw the dateline special and of course I agree that these creeps are sick but you do not put the clamps on 50 million people because of a few sick pervs. If you did that then you would have to regulate every aspect of our lives from Cinamax to the magazine stands at you local supermarket. Do you want the government having that kind of say so over your life?
    That is how fascism starts my friend. Letting the government decide what is best for you instead of making your own choices. I monitor my daughters Internet activity, keep track of whom she talks to on the phone and where she is going and whom she is going with. That is my responsibility as a father. Not the governments.
    The truth is that too many people are just too lazy to play an active part in the children’s lives and are content to let the government, the schools or anyone other themselves make the choices for them. Maybe a little less time watching Desperate Housewives and more time communicating with your kids.
    If you are not strong enough to provide some guidance to your own children then you should have never had them in the first place.

15. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    cluck cluck

16. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well phil - if it took a strong moral character, enough money to afford them, and enough brains to take care of them, there would be ALOT less children in the world today. while i don't support so much gov't in our lives, sometimes because of all the idiots in the world who have the simple ability to procreate but the complete INability to be parents, it can be a necessary evil to have the gov't handle things. it sucks for those of us who are responsible, loving parents but ultimately, do i care if some dumb site called MYSPACE is controlled by the gov't?? not so much! if it saves only one kid from these sicko predators, to me it's worth it.

17. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.