Packers MVP So Far

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you think the Packers MVP is so far this season?

Aaron Rodgers?
Aaron Jones?
Davante Adams?
Jaire Alexander?
Mike Pettine?

I threw the last one in to see if anyone was paying attention. Feel free to add a name to the list. Maybe you think someone like a Krys Barnes or a Kamal Martin have had strong impact on the defense.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably got to be Rodgers at this point.
It's certainly not anyone from the defense

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to go with Rodgers not only is he looking like GB's MVP but he might end up with league MVP.
That said what Lafleur has done in scheming up the plays for Rodgers to be having this kind of a season is very impressive so though I give Rodgers Packers MVP I would very much like to see Lafleur get some love in the Coach of the year conversation.

As for the other guys named.

Davante Adams and Jaire have been ridiculously good and I got them being there but then when I saw Pettine I was in total bewilderment and had to re-read every thing 8-9 times before going on and seeing you said his name was there as a joke.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have to go with Rodgers not only is he looking like GB's MVP but he might end up with league MVP.
That said what Lafleur has done in scheming up the plays for Rodgers to be having this kind of a season is very impressive so though I give Rodgers Packers MVP I would very much like to see Lafleur get some love in the Coach of the year conversation.

MLF needs to show the ability to have success against good defenses before he should be considered as head coach of the year.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...bump...

Interesting that most felt Rodgers, although there were no wrong answers. While Pettine certainly was, his defense has improved.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There’s one correct answer and it’s Matthew LaFleur.

LaFleur has designed, instilled, schemed, and called an offense that scored 3.08 points per drive.

According to FO, this is the 4th highest figure in the history of the NFL.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers.

While LaFleur's scheme has most definitely helped Rodgers return to peak form, not every Tom, ****, or Harry could have this offense humming along at 30+ points per game.

The marriage of the two though is a lethal combination.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course, it's Rodgers. He's going to be league MVP.

Another to add to the list for consideration is Elgton Jenkins. The man has played 4 positions and played them well. His versatility has saved this O-line that lost 2 starters for the season.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elgin Jenkins definitely. But it never ceases to amaze me how the Packers can churn out year after year of good OLs. Good system

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Elgin Jenkins definitely. But it never ceases to amaze me how the Packers can churn out year after year of good OLs. Good system

What's interesting is that we have a new GM, a new offense, and a new OL coach, but at least so far the trend has continued.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's interesting is that we have a new GM, a new offense, and a new OL coach, but at least so far the trend has continued.

Definitely. I mean it's amazing lol. And we never really have to spend high picks either. Obviously Elgtin was a 2nd.. but most are like 4th round guys and later lol

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely. I mean it's amazing lol. And we never really have to spend high picks either. Obviously Elgtin was a 2nd.. but most are like 4th round guys and later lol
I think having guys who are successful, DB, CL, had Bulaga, etc likely help.......going to a team with lots of turnover might not return the same success. He was a great pick.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But even in the Sherman era, you had guys like Mike Wales and Rivera and Tauscher, Clifton, etc

A bunch of guys in TTs time with Sitton, Lang, etc

These aren't like 1st round guys either except for Bulaga

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How much of the OL success is the QB making some calls, reads, and audibles to help the line out? Recall AR12 's behind the back pointing for Dillon to hit the correct hole.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How much of the OL success is the QB making some calls, reads, and audibles to help the line out? Recall AR12 's behind the back pointing for Dillon to hit the correct hole.

I would think it has much more to do with the design of the offense and Rodgers' willingness to get the ball out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts