Packers MVP So Far

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Last week on the Pat McAfee Show, Rodgers said that the difference between the old offense and the new offense is that the old offense came down to matchups and the new one is much more about progression and scheme.

In other words, McCarthy's plan was to have better players than the other guy and a simple scheme in which you won matchups because your guys were better than theirs. LaFleur's plan is to scheme his offense in such a way that guys are open because of the deception, movement, and design of the system.

Trying to separate Rodgers' performance from the coaching and system and consider them as separate entities is somewhat impossible. However, for the reason stated above, I consider LaFleur to be the most important cog in this amazing season.

D

Deleted member 6794

What's interesting is that we have a new GM, a new offense, and a new OL coach, but at least so far the trend has continued.

Gutekunst was part of the front office when Thompson was the general manager. It seems he learned how to build successful offensive lines during that time.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is lucky he wasn't fired this year in Dallas

I think MM cost this team a title in 2014 and he got too conservative, unimaginative on offense while in Green Bay, but you can't judge a coach in his first year, especially when that coach loses their Pro Bowl quarterback early in the season.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM cost this team a title in 2014 and he got too conservative, unimaginative on offense while in Green Bay, but you can't judge a coach in his first year, especially when that coach loses their Pro Bowl quarterback early in the season.
nah. it was players on the field in Sea that cost them a SB. it was a perfect storm of F'ups. one right after the other. what a nightmare.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah. it was players on the field in Sea that cost them a SB. it was a perfect storm of F'ups. one right after the other. what a nightmare.

Being scared and kicking field goals from the 2 yard line was and is dumb; this has been proven repeatedly but some "old school" coaches and fans refuse to believe years of evidence. He, along with others, lost the game. He's the HC, he was in charge, he lost the title that year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is 2021

But lets revisit?

Yes rodgers had bumb calf...how many red zone opportunities? And how many Fg??

Defense produced how many turn overs?
4 interceptions...FOUR INTERCEPTIONS Rusell Wilson rating?? 44.3...5 freaking sacks..5

But blame MM

You cant blame rodgers for anything..but previous week was dallas?

And he performed fine? Or am I wrong?
Bad calf vs dallas
GB – Aaron Rodgers – 24/35, 316 yards, 3 TD

Vs Seattle??
A. Rodgers
19-34, 178 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is 2021

But lets revisit?

Yes rodgers had bumb calf...how many red zone opportunities? And how many Fg??

Defense produced how many turn overs?

Yes lets blame all on MM

You cant blame rodgers for anything..but previous weeks was dallas? And he performed fine? Or am I wrong?

Shocking, I know, blaming the HC for calling two terrible plays. I know I'm weird, but I tend to think the people in charge should shoulder the biggest responsibility when things go wrong. History has certainly proven that MM didn't lose any of his coaching ability.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shocking, I know, blaming the HC for calling two terrible plays. I know I'm weird, but I tend to think the people in charge should shoulder the biggest responsibility when things go wrong. History has certainly proven that MM didn't lose any of his coaching ability.
I edited my.post with stats.

To blame on MM for 2 plays and not rodgers at all is outstanding

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seattle loss falls on the shoulders of a lot of different people. Rodgers did not play well, which was a big part of it. Both of his INTs came when we were already in field goal range, so that likely cost us six points. Bostick made the most memorable screw up on the onside kick. I will also never forget HaHa blowing what was the most absurd two point conversion I've ever seen.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Who do you think the Packers MVP is so far this season?

Aaron Rodgers?
Aaron Jones?
Davante Adams?
Jaire Alexander?
Mike Pettine?

I threw the last one in to see if anyone was paying attention. Feel free to add a name to the list. Maybe you think someone like a Krys Barnes or a Kamal Martin have had strong impact on the defense.

I'm not voting until you rightfully place Shawn Mennega's name on that list! After all, it his ineptness coaching special teams is what motivates the players on both Offense and Defense to perform at high levels. They are all fully aware that if they don't play well, Special teams will lose them the game! :coffee:

I am working off of this image to build Shawn his year end Trophy :poop:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I edited my.post with stats.

To blame on MM for 2 plays and not rodgers at all is outstanding

MM was the guy that took the offense off the field. MM didn't have defensive players trying to tackle him and MM wasn't forced to make a split second decision. MM should have known that he should have gone for it. I never said MM was the ONLY guy to blame, he was just the biggest culprit by not trusting his offense OR his defense and going for field goals 6 feet from the endzone TWICE (keep in mind that the defense forced Wilson into his worst game as a pro that day).

Also, as I said, the guys in charge should shoulder the majority of the blame.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Seattle loss falls on the shoulders of a lot of different people. Rodgers did not play well, which was a big part of it. Both of his INTs came when we were already in field goal range, so that likely cost us six points.

It's true that Rodgers didn't play well in the 2014 NFCCG but fans need to remember that the Seahawks featured an elite defense at that point, which led the league in points allowed in four consecutive seasons from 2012-15.

In addition the refs blatantly missed an offside call against them on Rodgers first interception with him believing he had a free play.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is this a question? It's obviously Jordan Love for pushing Rodgers to be the league MVP. Gute playing chess in the draft while the rest of us are playing Connect 4.

Latest posts