Packers Mt Rushmore

Who's the 4th guy on your Mount Rushmore for this title season?

• Tramon Williams (he was the shutdown corner we needed)

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Charles Woodson (didn't have as great a year as 2009, but he did a lot)

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Donald Driver (numbers down and injuries up, but he's still the heart & soul of the team)

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • BJ Raji (his dominance in the middle is what really propelled this defense and pass rush)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • John Kuhn (guy scored touchdowns like crazy and was very versatile, perfect Packer grinder)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Nick Collins (another Pro Bowl, he's been durable and the glue back there, overlooked by fans)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • AJ Hawk (not flashy,not trashy, does his job well, produces year after year, durable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desmond Bishop (gave the Packers the nasty guy in the middle taking over for Barnett)

• Cullen Jenkins (monster for us, opposing OLs know how good he is)

• Other player, Who and why? And don't say a coach

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were to feature a Mount Rushmore theme for the 2010-2011 Champion Packers, which guy would be your 4th guy?

The given 3 are obviously:
-Rodgers
-Matthews
-Jennings

Who's your 4th player, and why?

I am putting Chad Clifton on here because I think he's by far our most under-appreciated, underrated guy. When he's in there healthy, Rodgers gets protection.

When Clifton is out, we all remember what happened in Minnesota in 2008 & 2009 with the tons of sacks and safeties even.

BrettStarr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd have to say Woodson. He elevated the play of the entire secondary. He individual stats were down last year, but I think he was highly influential in getting other players in the position to make plays they wouldn't have without is vision and expertise.

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it had to be DD. Despite the fact that he didn't have such a great year he was still a huge part of, and influence on, our great receiving corp. I've been a fan of his for years.

Reaction score
I would say Woodson because he was the emotional leader of this team. He inspired the whole team to play their hearts out week in and week out.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Woodie. As I told my young'ns, great players make big plays in big games. End of the season and playoffs, he was all over the field and it seemed he willed the rest of the defense to play at a level higher than they thought possible.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The equipment manager.
Or any of the dozens of other behind-the-scenes unsung uncredited heros that make football happen.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew there'd be some comments about the whole team, and for Ted Thompson..... LOL.

Glad to see some love here for Nick Collins.

And even though I wrote about and made a case for Chad Clifton, I seem to have forgotten the reliable, solid, veteran left tackle!!!

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to go with Raji his elevated play at the end of the year I thought was the difference between just a good team and the super bowl winning team they became. His dance moves might of had something to do with it as well haha.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Mr. Woodson by a landslide. The presence of a probable HOFer in that locker room had to have huge impact for the younger guys. They saw that their opportunities for "the ring" could be fleeting and seized the opportunity in front of them. I still get chill bumps thinking of ARod telling him "I'll meet you on the field after we win it"
I don't think you can rate his impact on the defense or the team. Plus, the guy was phenomenal from all over the field. He's Dom Caper's Queen chess piece, moves in all directions for the kill.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. Woodson by a landslide. The presence of a probable HOFer in that locker room had to have huge impact for the younger guys.
True and I love Charles.
However, he didn't step his game up or anything this season, in fact we'd all agree his 2009 Defensive POY season was better for him.

It was others who stepped their game up this season being the reason our team stepped it up a level.
Tramon and Raji were really the most improved two players that got us over the top IMO. Plus Shields added.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I make a selection I would want to make sure that he retires as a Packer.
And by retire, to also make sure that he fits in with that definition.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't even close ......... in fact I assumed Woodson would have been in the original poster's Guaranteed Top 3.

The heart and soul of the defence, probably the biggest leader on the team, arguably the best all round defensive player in the NFL.

Latest posts