Packers Minicamp/rookie news

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya. With all the talk about special teams being a priority, I'm sure MM has something in the works to at least get some decent blocking on kick and punt returns. I also think that even without lanes Shields' speed will be an asset. If he can cover another 10 yards before the kickoff team corrals him, thats 10 less yards the offense has to cover. Besides, Shields isn't that big so he probably doesn't need all that much of a lane. LoL

Good point. With Jordy Nelson returning kicks last season, it seemed that we LOST 10 yards each and every time.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
My friend who is a Hurricanes fan, said that Shields ran a 4.2 at Miami.

Khalil Jones was quoted as saying: “He usually runs 4.2,” said former Miami teammate Khalil Jones, who is a first-year safety with the Packers. “I heard it was a wet surface or he could have run 4.1. I’ve been around some fast guys, Devin Hester. I’ve run track with fast guys. I consider myself a fast guy, but Sam’s got exceptional speed.”
A 4.1?! There's no way. None. He'd have been drafted based on that alone if he was capable of doing that.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Anyone see that Bulaga got pulled out first day due to excessive False Starts? I don't think it will be that big of an issue, it was his first day in a new system, but hopefully by the time he starts at LT (NEXT season), that this will be a forgotten memory

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone see that Bulaga got pulled out first day due to excessive False Starts? I don't think it will be that big of an issue, it was his first day in a new system, but hopefully by the time he starts at LT (NEXT season), that this will be a forgotten memory

I don't think that this will really be an issue. Jake Long was criticised for holding in his first couple days in training camp and Ryan Clady had footwork issues. Getting false starts simply falls into getting adjusted to NFL gamespeed and playcalling. These are all technique issues and certainly fixable over time.

Members online

Latest posts