PACKERS MINI-CAMP Schedule Set: Good move by M.M.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under National Football League rules, Mike McCarthy as a first year coach is permitted to schedule an extra mini-camp this year.

The Packers will hold their first minicamp May 5-7 and another May 19-21. In addition, they will hold 14 practices and meetings from May 31 to June 21. This allows drafted and post-draft free agent signers to attend both sessions.

I think this was a wise move by Mike, Installing a new offense, he wants all his players — rookies, newcomers and returning veterans — to start from the same point.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That IS a good move.......hopefully, all the players will be signed and show up for it.
I know i will want to be up there to see the 2006 Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah! I like it. MM is a 'football guy' making more oppurtunities for his players to improve, and get used to his scheme, and himself as the coach. Its an oppurtunity being taken. cant not like that.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
That IS a good move.......hopefully, all the players will be signed and show up for it.
I know i will want to be up there to see the 2006 Packers.

Rookies don't need to be to attend mini-camps -- teams can take out insurance on them. They cannot however, report to training camp without contracts.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well considering its in may, and the draft is in june(right?) why would undrafted rookies come?

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well considering its in may, and the draft is in june(right?) why would undrafted rookies come?

The draft is in April 29-30 in New York. It is always in April.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've got it, trom - my birthday's in june - i just KNOW that's what you were thinking of!!! :lol: :wink:

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
June 1 is when a lot of veterans are cut because you can count their signing bonuses on the cap over two years then, this year and next. It is like the second big free agent period.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

That's one of the biggest brain farts I've seen.
Sorry trom, couldn't resist, I know how it feels. :rotflmao: :pals:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
tromadz said:

That's one of the biggest brain farts I've seen.
Sorry trom, couldn't resist, I know how it feels. :rotflmao: :pals:

well you could tell i wasnt sure, and put (right?) in there cuz of it. thats why im here, to discuss,learn, and debate.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.....Trom is here to disCUSS! (The CUSS part happens quite often!)LOLOL!!! :lol: (Just kidding Trom!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts