Packers Meet With LB Ahmad Brooks For The Supplemental Draft

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Dorsey and McKenzie meet with Brooks
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:11:15 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Green Bay Packers director of college scouting John Dorsey and director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie met with Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks Wednesday, June 21, one day before his workout for NFL scouts. Brooks is entered in the July 13 NFL supplemental draft

Could Someone Please explain to me exactly what this supplemental draft is? Are Some of these players entering any good??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
the only team who didnt visit him was the Bears

Sup draft is for college kids who were not eliligble for the draft

if a player is drafted in say 2nd rd that team forfeits their draft pick in said round for the next years draft...

so if the packers take Brooks in rd 1, the packers will not have a 1st rd pick next NFL draft

Popcorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

if a player is drafted in say 2nd rd that team forfeits their draft pick in said round for the next years draft...

so if the packers take Brooks in rd 1, the packers will not have a 1st rd pick next NFL draft

Where does the pick go?

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers Meet With LB Ahmad Brooks For The Supplemental D

Do you know anything about him would it be worth it? We dont need to spend another 1st round pick on a LB do we?

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What round are they predicting Ahmad will go in the Supplemental Draft ?

I couldnt see a team giving up a 1st round pick in the real draft to use in the sup draft, but you never know. Ahmad Brooks is really good, I've heard some comparisons to Urlacher, but its a little early for that.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Anybody know why this guy wasn't eligible for the draft?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was kicked off the Virginia Tech team. Guy has major talent and somebody may use a 2nd round pick on him but there is major turd potential. Too risky in my opinion for the Packers who have enough young talent at linebacker. This guy could be an amazing NFLer but is also a pothead and probably not worth a high round pick.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In January, he didnt declare for the 2006 Draft. Then on 3 /28 /06 his coach dismissed him (I believe for numerous drug offensives which are against team policy). And by that time it was way to late to try to get in the draft, so its either go to a D-2 team or declar for the Sup Draft.

This elaborates on it: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/prof ... ect_ID=498

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Popcorn said:
Zero2Cool said:

Where does the pick go?

The pick gets used up on the player picked.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you watch your mouth.... Ahmad Brooks was not a hokie... he played for UVA and he was like 50 pounds overweight during the draft workouts and stuff, but he was one of the best linebackers in the college ranks the last couple of years.... but major turd potential... plus he played for uva

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
you watch your mouth.... Ahmad Brooks was not a hokie... he played for UVA and he was like 50 pounds overweight during the draft workouts and stuff, but he was one of the best linebackers in the college ranks the last couple of years.... but major turd potential... plus he played for uva

You are right, Ahmad is not a hokie...But he does act like one

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
4packgirl said:
Aytumious said:
Wahle was a 2nd round supplemental pick.

seriously?? i had no clue!! how come? i need the scoop. :wink:

I think it was because he had to fulfil his naval commitment but I'm not totally sure.

thanks TO - makes sense to me. :)

and no cheesey - he's not talking about his belly button so don't even TRY it!!! :wink: :lol:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ah my bad I just remembered reading virginia and assumed it was VA Tech because they are the ones that seem to have tons of players with major problems.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
TOPackerFan said:
4packgirl said:
Aytumious said:
Wahle was a 2nd round supplemental pick.

seriously?? i had no clue!! how come? i need the scoop. :wink:

I think it was because he had to fulfil his naval commitment but I'm not totally sure.

thanks TO - makes sense to me. :)

and no cheesey - he's not talking about his belly button so don't even TRY it!!! :wink: :lol:

DANG IT 4pack!!!! I had already formed the joke in my head! (Guess i'm too easy to figure out, hey???)
I was a member of the "Naval Air Force!!!
(Did you ever try to force air into your naval???)
But i gave it up for "LINT!" :wink:
SEE!?!? Now you went and RUINED it!!! :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a 1st day pick on him. He's got loads of talent and was once thought of as a top 10 pick but he has major character concerns. HE's not what I would call "Packer" people. Brooks is a high risk or high reward type of player.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts