Packers like Mike?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... /603140453
Gil Scott, the agent for former Colts place-kicker Mike Vanderjagt, has contacted the Green Bay Packers regarding his client.
When asked by a reporter from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel if the Packers were interested, Scott replied, "I would say a little bit, yeah.''
Scott and Vanderjagt did not return telephone messages.
Green Bay is in the market for a kicker after Ryan Longwell signed a five-year, $10 million contract with Minnesota. Also, ESPN.com reported that Vanderjagt visited the Miami Dolphins.
Vanderjagt is the Colts' career leader in field goals (217) and points (995) and is the most accurate kicker in NFL history (87.5 percent). However, president Bill Polian recently made it clear the team is searching for a new kicker.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we would all like to have Vin. And I think it would go a long way towards at least helping our league cred...It's certainly front-page worthy.

That being said, I we end up with Vandy...It wouldn't upset me.

Just please-please no Edinger...

You never know what cheap-skate options TT might pull...

Fingers crossed.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers sign Vanderjagt, be prepared to need to use two roster spots, because they will need to sign a 2nd kicker to kick off.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
If the Packers sign Vanderjagt, be prepared to need to use two roster spots, because they will need to sign a 2nd kicker to kick off.

Maybe the punter we get to replace BJ SAnder will be able to kick off. :wink:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Bruce said:

Maybe the punter we get to replace BJ SAnder will be able to kick off. :wink:

The Canadian used to do kick offs.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOTE: I don't regard the miss vs. Pittsburgh to be anything deteremental to Vanderjagt's stock, however...

Pro: One of the most accurate kickers ever, and no signs of slowing down
Con: Kicks half his field goals at the friendly confines of the RCA dome, will he handle Lambeau

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Con: Kicks half his field goals at the friendly confines of the RCA dome, will he handle Lambeau

That's my main concern. I wouldn't be angry if the team signed Vanderjagt, but I'd sleep easier at night if I knew Vinetari was gonna be the one making those FG attempts in December.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not Travis. This guy...

Jon Ryan
Position: Punter
College: University of Regina (Canada)
NFL Exp: 1 Season
Packers Exp: 1 Season
Ht: 6' 0"
Wt: 202 lbs.
Aquired: FA-06 <<---- WHOOOOAAA a FA signing in 2006!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Not Travis. This guy...

Jon Ryan
Position: Punter
College: University of Regina (Canada)
NFL Exp: 1 Season
Packers Exp: 1 Season
Ht: 6' 0"
Wt: 202 lbs.
Aquired: FA-06 <<---- WHOOOOAAA a FA signing in 2006!!!

lmao

that could pan out...cuz we need solid punting..BAD.

If we can get our top 10 defense starting position with the opponents backed up in their own 20...thats money.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
From our starters last season on D, who of them is remaining? Just curious because if I recall correctly we ranked in the top five for passing defense and seventh overall in defense. I know Bates is gone, but Sanders is said to be running the same if not exact defense and that should help us big time.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins -safety returning

Al harris,Carroll,Hawkins - Cbs returning

Barnett, Lenon(not sure here) - Lbs returning ( iknow thomas and diggs are gone)

KGB,Kampman - DEs returning

Jenkins,Peterson,montgomery - DTs\DEs returning(i think there are more...cant name em all...i loev our dline depth)

we lost\got rid of Roman(yay)
Horton
Diggs
Thomas
Grady is up in the air, not looking likely

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vanderjagt actually has a better fg % away from the RCA dome...

86% Home

88% Away

Granted that's still not Lambeau's swirling wind conditions.....

Longwell may have pissed us off for signing with the Vikings....wouldn't it be sweet revenge if we sign Vanderjagt or AV for more money than he got...

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I checked out a Patriots forum today and they had a poll to see what FA loss would hurt the team most and AV won with 61% of the vote....they still figure they are going to match whatever the Packers offer, but NE won't give up guaranteed money to him yet, inwhich is silly, unless they are willing to match

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Collins -safety returning

Al harris,Carroll,Hawkins - Cbs returning

Barnett, Lenon(not sure here) - Lbs returning ( iknow thomas and diggs are gone)

KGB,Kampman - DEs returning

Jenkins,Peterson,montgomery - DTs\DEs returning(i think there are more...cant name em all...i loev our dline depth)

we lost\got rid of Roman(yay)
Horton
Diggs
Thomas
Grady is up in the air, not looking likely

I'm still watchin the trip line - but I've heard NO word of Colin Cole being shown the door - so you have to add his name here until told differently. Personally, I hope they keep him, and use him to at least spell the two regular starters up the middle (like on 3rd downs). Then, let's see how well we stuff the run, as opposed to passing....

Also - I vote for Adam Vinatieri - NOT Mike Vanderjagt.... remember where I hail from.... There's more than just a coupe of reasons why they're lettin' him loose - count on it!

Members online

Latest posts