Packers @ Lambeau

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope the Packers HFA resurfaces in 2005 because they have a tough road schedule.

@Cincinnati and @ Chicago are the only definate winning opportunities.

2005 Schedule
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 11 @Detroit 4:15pm
Sep 18 Cleveland 4:15pm
Sep 25 Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Oct 3 @Carolina 9:00pm
Oct 9 New Orleans 1:00pm
Week 6 BYE
Oct 23 @Minnesota 1:00pm
Oct 30 @Cincinnati 1:00pm
Nov 6 Pittsburgh 4:15pm
Nov 13 @Atlanta 4:15pm
Nov 21 Minnesota 9:00pm
Nov 27 @Philadelphia 4:15pm
Dec 4 @Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 11 Detroit 8:30pm
Dec 19 @Baltimore 9:00pm
Dec 25 Chicago 5:00pm
Jan 1 Seattle 4:15pm

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the season opener in Detroit presents a great winning opportunity. also the Panthers and Ravens games are both monday night events. thats helps a bit to ease my mind playing against a couple tough team like that. plus Carolina felt the wrath last year...we'll see what happens.

but that Bengals game could be a whole lot tougher than you might think.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
but that Bengals game could be a whole lot tougher than you might think.

You might be right about the Bengals game, the Bengals are a team on the improve.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"@Cincinnati and @ Chicago are the only definate winning opportunities. "

Says Who?

Packers are going to win them all!

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed arrow, the fact that Bretts an animal on monday night is a defenate plus for us against two pretty good teams. I also think the Bengals are gonna be better this season. I picked them as my black horse. :wink:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Miskito said (or effectively said), don't count your chickens b4 they're hatched....

Anyone who saw San Diego or Pittsburg on their schedule going into last year was thinking WIN, and anyone seeing Dallas or Carolina was thinking the opposite...you never know how a team will pan out over the whole season, and certainly not on a week by week basis.

Even w/ the Bears...it seemed like the Ahman fumble completely changed the momentum of the game...one silly mistake...you can never forsee that.

There are no "gimmies" anymore.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right after the bye week they are on the road 5 of the next 7 weeks with the Vikings being one of the 2 home games. That will be a difficult part of the schedule.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Steel Wheels said:

Was it a sure win against Chicago last year at Lambeau, in your head?

See this Post. I think it's a safe bet we win @bears. Never know though I guess, that's why they play the game on the field and not the stats papers.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty cocky prediction for a team on the decline while the rest of the divison improved. I guess that loosing at home to the Bears and Vikings last year was just a bad dream eh?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a bad dream, I would say that was covered by my statement of "I guess, that's why they play the game on the field and not the stats papers". As far as the Pack being on the decline, that topic has been discussed as nauseam here. I guess the packer colored glasses we wear say otherwise, but Bruce has nice article here on how that isn't quite the case. Also if our decline has come after 10 years of some pretty decent stats as posted by vixtalkn here I guess that's not so bad. But I will believe it when I see it.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We ain't declining, and we'll have to wait and see how "improved" the rest of the division is. The Queens lost the best playmaker in the game, the Lions still have Joey Heatherton at QB and I'm not sure why a 4.7 receivre is so scary and Da Bears Still Suck.

On to #13!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget the Queens did sign the best safety in the league (at missing spaghetti arm tackles).

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We ain't declining, and we'll have to wait and see how "improved" the rest of the division is. The Queens lost the best playmaker in the game, the Lions still have Joey Heatherton at QB and I'm not sure why a 4.7 receivre is so scary and Da Bears Still Suck.

On to #13!
I don't get it. You say that the Packers are not declining with out playing a single game but then say to wait and see how much the rest of the division has improved. You can't have it both ways. BY the way, with the Packers secondary you should be concerned with that 4.7 receiver that the Lions picked up.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the Packers secondary you should be concerned with that 4.7 receiver that the Lions picked up.
Nah, he can run free all day and baby face harrington won't hit him anyway.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
with the Packers secondary you should be concerned with that 4.7 receiver that the Lions picked up.
Nah, he can run free all day and baby face harrington won't hit him anyway.
True. I think that Garcia will take over early in the season and he will be much better.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration's Flame;

"Pretty cocky prediction for a team on the decline while the rest of the divison improved. I guess that loosing at home to the Bears and Vikings last year was just a bad dream eh?"

And the Chicago Bears are REAL promising...

What? 3-13 realistic? How about 4-12 if they over achieve?

Bottom line is, Bears MAY have improved in a couple areas but the Packers improved the ENTIRE defense with Bates... Of Course I figured you'd know that already...

So the fact that you are calling US cocky, proves that you are only here to flame.

GREEN BAY PACKERS(est.1919)
12 times WORLD champions...
3 consecutive NFL titles (twice)
The only NFC north division champions EVER!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration's Flame;

"Pretty cocky prediction for a team on the decline while the rest of the divison improved. I guess that loosing at home to the Bears and Vikings last year was just a bad dream eh?"

And the Chicago Bears are REAL promising...

What? 3-13 realistic? How about 4-12 if they over achieve?

Bottom line is, Bears MAY have improved in a couple areas but the Packers improved the ENTIRE defense with Bates... Of Course I figured you'd know that already...

So the fact that you are calling US cocky, proves that you are only here to flame.

GREEN BAY PACKERS(est.1919)
12 times WOELD champions...
3 consecutive NFL titles (twice)
The only NFC north division champions EVER!

You missed the point. I did not say that you are all cocky. I said that predicting guaranteed wins over Cincinnati and Chicago is being cocky. These teams are not the 49ers and one of them beat the Packers at home last year. Anyone that thinks that the Bears will go 3-13 does not know what they are talking about. I do like your signature though.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration's flame;

"You missed the point. I did not say that you are all cocky. I said that predicting guaranteed wins over Cincinnati and Chicago is being cocky. These teams are not the 49ers and one of them beat the Packers at home last year. Anyone that thinks that the Bears will go 3-13 does not know what they are talking about."

What point? The one you've been trying to make about how we Packer fans are a cocky, conceited bunch? Or the one about how us Packer fans think that we are better than the others? Weren't THOSE your posts?

Indeed, YOU'VE MISSED my point.

My point is that Bears fans don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to comparing football teams with the Packers, ESPECIALLY in the LAST 15 years, and you DEFINITELY have nothing on us when it comes to history.

So where do YOU get off telling US Packer fans about how we should behave, act, or POST???

And YES! Bears OVERACHIEVED last year(AND the year before), just as the Packers UNDERACHIEVED.
THAT is why, with the improvement on the defense with Bates calling the shots makes the 2005 team a whole lot better and the GAP between the two teams have GROWN, not reduced.

Do you get my point NOW?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1, you are correct that the Bears have nothing on the Packers the past 15 years, but you cannot be serious that the Bears have no history. That doesn't make sense.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to add to miskito's comments, their super bowl team has been considered by some to be the greatest team in NFL history, they've had 2 of the best, if not the best, players at their respective position in all of history (Butkus, Walter...heck, you could even add Sayers to that), 8 NFL titles...the bears may lack a lot of things, but it's not history

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration's flame;

"You missed the point. I did not say that you are all cocky. I said that predicting guaranteed wins over Cincinnati and Chicago is being cocky. These teams are not the 49ers and one of them beat the Packers at home last year. Anyone that thinks that the Bears will go 3-13 does not know what they are talking about."

What point? The one you've been trying to make about how we Packer fans are a cocky, conceited bunch? Or the one about how us Packer fans think that we are better than the others? Weren't THOSE your posts?

Indeed, YOU'VE MISSED my point.

My point is that Bears fans don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to comparing football teams with the Packers, ESPECIALLY in the LAST 15 years, and you DEFINITELY have nothing on us when it comes to history.

So where do YOU get off telling US Packer fans about how we should behave, act, or POST???

And YES! Bears OVERACHIEVED last year(AND the year before), just as the Packers UNDERACHIEVED.
THAT is why, with the improvement on the defense with Bates calling the shots makes the 2005 team a whole lot better and the GAP between the two teams have GROWN, not reduced.

Do you get my point NOW?

Once again you have proven that you know nothing about football. Pull up a quote from me saying that Packer fans are a cocky conceited bunch.
Actually it is 9 titles, 26 hall of famers and the most victories of any team in NFL history. The Bears are the only team that can match the Packers history and The Packers are the only team that can match the Bears history. This is what makes the rivalry great even when one team is riding high and the other struggles. Remember that the shoe was on the other foot several times over the last 85 years. There are loyal knowledgeable fans on both sides and then there are guys like you.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Steel Wheels said:

Was it a sure win against Chicago last year at Lambeau, in your head?

The 1st sentence of my post was:

"Let's hope the Packers HFA resurfaces in 2005 because they have a tough road schedule."

The reason I say that is because the Packers are 9-7 @ Lambeau past 2 seasons and road wins in 2005 may be scarce.

The Bears may have a shot @ Lambeau, if the trend continues but in Chicago the Packers win EZ.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but your thread title was: Packers @ Lambeau. Nonetheless, I can see where the confusion started. I see your point and recant my semi-rude post. :D

Members online

Latest posts