Packers/Jags gameday thread

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jags are bad...real bad. Rodgers and crew give reason to be hopeful for the packer faithful.
Pack 27
Jags 14

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far not lookin too bad defense is gettin a little better Arod is playin pretty decent right now GO PACK GO!!!!!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is amazing how much better the offense is when James Jones is healthy. The guy has 3 catches for 120 yards. He needs to bust his *** this offseason and stay healthy. He can be dynamic opposite Jennings.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM needs to stop playing for field goals.... this is why GB loses games.... they never force the other team to score a TD, only kick easy FGs to win

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another dismal performance... this is like the 5th game in a row the defense gives up the lead with under 2 minutes to go and A-Rod is forced to throw to win the game... the guy should have like 5 less interceptions on the year... i can't believe that every game ends the same way

Jmill831

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
Another dismal performance... this is like the 5th game in a row the defense gives up the lead with under 2 minutes to go and A-Rod is forced to throw to win the game... the guy should have like 5 less interceptions on the year... i can't believe that every game ends the same way

I cant believe this. how can the defence every single week do the same thing. when we kicked that field goal to go up i said to myself the d is gonna get killed this drive and Rodgers will have to throw and he will throw a pick. its sickening

cdog127

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not surprised. Besides our DB's, we have a horrid defense. We cannot stop the run and we cannto rush the passer....spells disaster any way you look at it.

Looking forward to the '09 season.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c_mac said:
Packers 27
Jaguars 31

I was apparently predicting the Jets-Bills score.

I guess I was right in the fact that the Packers did lose by 4, AGAIN! Another 20 points given up by the defense, well done fellas. It is one thing to give up 20 or more point every now and then but our team has taken it upon themselves to try and accomplish that every game.

GDP56

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes its the D that was letting us down this season and it seems that brett played D for this team

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a whole new DEFESNE...that's what we need. And it needs to start by firing Bob Sanders. This is the most pathetic defense in the NFL, and it sickens me how much they've cost this team this year. I'm amazed the offensive guys aren't pounding the crap outta them in the locker room.

This team is so predictable....high school teams could beat the Packers right now. There had BETTER be some searching for a QUALITY defensive coordinator in the offseason. If anyone gets promoted from within...it'll only spell disaster for this team.

I predict right now...WE will be the team that gives Detroit it's first win. We will NOT win another game this season. 5-11 is how we'll finish.

sadfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team needs more than a new defense. You can't blame the defense for every single loss and not address the issue on offense ever. I mean come on, reality check guys, sometimes an offense needs more than 1TD in an entire game to actually win. A-rod REALLY needs a clue on how to run a hurry up offense. Even if your defense isn't shutting out the other team, the offense still has a job and that is to put up points and put the game out of reach. GB rarely does that. The NO game is a good example too. The defense was only stopping NO every other drive and GB was moving the ball down the field easily for the first half but A-rod proceeded to throw 3INTs that put the game out of reach. Same thing goes for the lower scoring Tampa Bay game. The offense has it's moments of greatness but it's just not consistent enough to have a winning season and A-rod has cost the Packers a few games too. The entire team is the real problem. I also question the Al Harris post. Some days he will totally dominate a receiver and smother him to death and other days he looks totally clueless. I think the coaches are putting too much trust in their M2M scheme. I could go on and on but yeah there are problems in all areas of this team that cost them games. This team is totally hit or miss on any side of the ball and when one is on the other side usually isn't.

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
sadfan said:
The team needs more than a new defense. You can't blame the defense for every single loss and not address the issue on offense ever. I mean come on, reality check guys, sometimes an offense needs more than 1TD in an entire game to actually win. A-rod REALLY needs a clue on how to run a hurry up offense. Even if your defense isn't shutting out the other team, the offense still has a job and that is to put up points and put the game out of reach. GB rarely does that. The NO game is a good example too. The defense was only stopping NO every other drive and GB was moving the ball down the field easily for the first half but A-rod proceeded to throw 3INTs that put the game out of reach. Same thing goes for the lower scoring Tampa Bay game. The offense has it's moments of greatness but it's just not consistent enough to have a winning season and A-rod has cost the Packers a few games too. The entire team is the real problem. I also question the Al Harris post. Some days he will totally dominate a receiver and smother him to death and other days he looks totally clueless. I think the coaches are putting too much trust in their M2M scheme. I could go on and on but yeah there are problems in all areas of this team that cost them games. This team is totally hit or miss on any side of the ball and when one is on the other side usually isn't.

Very nice post. There mixing and matching the man with an umbrella zone..thus if Harris releases someone has to pick that man up. More times then not it hasn't happened.

The offensive play calling in the red zone leaves much to be desired this season.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wizard 87 said:
sadfan said:

Very nice post. There mixing and matching the man with an umbrella zone..thus if Harris releases someone has to pick that man up. More times then not it hasn't happened.

The offensive play calling in the red zone leaves much to be desired this season.

The Jags series after the Pack took the lead is a classic example of that. On the first fricking play Harris turns loose the WR only to have Collins no were near him for a 40 yard gain.

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
yourout said:
wizard 87 said:
sadfan said:

The Jags series after the Pack took the lead is a classic example of that. On the first fricking play Harris turns loose the WR only to have Collins no were near him for a 40 yard gain.

You saw it ! Thank god someone else saw that ! He is told to release the guy and gets blamed...no way folks old wizard played in a similar scheme and the safeties are stinking bad in this coverage..

:beer: hats off yourout !

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Well one more game down the damn tubes! I was really hoping Rodgers would take advantage of the opportunity to silence his critics and run a hurry up offense and score; sadly he looked nearly Favreian in his final interception which sealed the game...

Defense ****ing blows, Sanders needs to be replaced by someone that's not so blitz phobic. Not sure about MM's playcalling yet...

FRUSTRATING...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jmill831 said:
JenningsLongCatch said:

I cant believe this. how can the defence every single week do the same thing. when we kicked that field goal to go up i said to myself the d is gonna get killed this drive and Rodgers will have to throw and he will throw a pick. its sickening

I believe this is the fifth game this season the Packers lost by 4 points or less:

Jags loss: 4 points
Viqueens loss: 1 point
Titans loss: 3 points
Texans loss: 3 points
Panthers loss: 3 points

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
I believe this is the fifth game this season the Packers lost by 4 points or less:

Jags loss: 4 points
Viqueens loss: 1 point
Titans loss: 3 points
Texans loss: 3 points
Panthers loss: 3 points

What's funny is living in the Chicago area it's been Bears vs Packers all season (what else is new?). NOW it looks like the Vikings will win the division as I believe they will be able to handle the Falcons next week...ironic eh? That will be the first time the Vikes have won the newly formed NFC North...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts