Packers interviewed in ****** assault case

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm wonder if Chmura will be on Nancy Grace this week talking about this?

(sigh) its the #1 topic on CNN.com right now....

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I wasn't pleased with not drafting a corner before. Now it seems doubly stupid. Obviously you can't anticipate something like this, though.

Funny, I just read in the paper not 2 or 3 days ago that McCarthy seemed to think Underwood was the early frontrunner for most improved Packer.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the women involved being in their 30's, this appears to be much different than Rothlisberger's shenanigans. Regardless of the outcome, this is publicity the Green Bay Packers don't need. This is much more in tune with the Viking franchise' Love Boat, Whizzinator, and 494 events that are so much of their storied history.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find most of the info coming out highly suspicious. I can imagine your average 18-21 year old woman being caught in a bad situation like this. But they are over 30 years old. And then there were two of them! Was one of them being force to jerk him off while the other rode cowgirl against her will?

Based on what i have read so far they should also be an investigation of these women for being gold diggers.

However, if there is even a hint of truth to this and whether or not he has charges brought I would think severe consequences should be levied.

X-Factor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if i was GM Underwood & Jolly would be gone!

He shouldn't lose his job based on accusations alone... if convicted, then thats another story.

I just don't understand how its even possible that he can sexually assault TWO women.... plus the women first claimed there were more than one player and now its only Underwood, and thats simply because he admitted to having sex with them. The only thing I believe he will be found guilty of is being stupid and a cheater. I feel for his wife. Sounds to me like these 30+ year old women were gold diggers who met players at a bar and decided to go try to strike gold (they obviously don't know the difference between gold & gold-plated). When you meet a guy at a bar and you go to his hotel...what in the hell do you think is going to happen? The 'women' are ten years older than him and there were two of them. I have no respect for Underwood because of what he did to his wife... as far as the "assault" goes ~ I doubt it. I don't think he will lose his job... his wife and kids, maybe.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shouldn't lose his job based on accusations alone... if convicted, then thats another story.

I just don't understand how its even possible that he can sexually assault TWO women.... plus the women first claimed there were more than one player and now its only Underwood, and thats simply because he admitted to having sex with them. The only thing I believe he will be found guilty of is being stupid and a cheater. I feel for his wife. Sounds to me like these 30+ year old women were gold diggers who met players at a bar and decided to go try to strike gold (they obviously don't know the difference between gold & gold-plated). When you meet a guy at a bar and you go to his hotel...what in the hell do you think is going to happen? The 'women' are ten years older than him and there were two of them. I have no respect for Underwood because of what he did to his wife... as far as the "assault" goes ~ I doubt it. I don't think he will lose his job... his wife and kids, maybe.

Underwood should definitely get a second chance, but should it be with the Packers? I'm not too sure on that one. Listen I'm all for helping the guy out in his time of need and know that his actions were preposterous, but if I were a GM I'd be thinking of helping my team out. The quote from Bedard's article about how anonymous players said that he was a problem from the start got me really going. We are in a superbowl winning mood now and I wouldn't like any drama, media circus, extra attention, etc. floating our way to distract the team. Let Underwood be given a second chance somewhere else, it worked out for Pacman Jones in the end. If Underwood is truly faithful to his word from here on out and manages to get his act together he should be able to find another team.

Releasing Underwood may sound like a bad thing to many of you guys since it further depletes our CB depth. However I see it as a positive because now it forces TT to get another camp body via the FA which so many of you have been clamoring for. I see the Underwood incident as a blessing in disguise. While I wish no harm on a human being nor on his/her life, the fate of the team needed to be addressed sooner or later.

David Pynnonen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when i found out there was a packer in trouble i was nervous to hear who..once i heard it was Underwood i felt relieved...thank god it wasnt one of our offensive weapons or veteran defensive players. Underwood never really impressed me or had i liked it him

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when i found out there was a packer in trouble i was nervous to hear who..once i heard it was Underwood i felt relieved...thank god it wasnt one of our offensive weapons or veteran defensive players. Underwood never really impressed me or had i liked it him

I thought he looked like he could eventually be a starter in the NFL. He is fast and tall. He just needs to cut down on the mistakes. But he is young and should improve. With Mccarthy saying he was one of the more improved players in camp I thought I could be right.

What ever comes of his current situation I would hate to drop him if no charges are ever brought and then watch him become somebody elses starter when we need young up and coming DB's right now.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the only post that makes sense. If the facts that seem to be out there are correct, Underwood is guilty only of bad judgment. I'm not an expert on the chemistry of the GB Packers, but if I were McCarthy I would look to the team captains for some guidance on how to handle this.

The parties all agree on the facts except whether it was consensual or not. And, based on what is out there, it is hard to believe it was not.

I think Underwood has a bright football future - the question is whether it will be in GB is another matter. Being a small, conservative town, what is acceptable in GB may be different from what is acceptable in other parts of the country. And, whether he upsets the team chemistry because of this is something only the coaches and players can answer.

I believe Underwood can be a strong contributor this year, if he is respected by his teammates and if he can keep his head on straight.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently it was Underwood:
Police investigate Packers player in alleged ****** assault - JSOnline

I don't care if it's consensual or not.

He's married and has 2 kids.

He's a scumbag, a cheater. Don't want this kind of person on my team. There's also reports that teammates have told he's been a problem since he got in GB.

I had a position that it was crazy to condemn this kid for not recusing a menage, but seeing he's married, it's a completely different issue.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just like Tiger Woods.

How would you compare Underwood to Antonio Cromartie and his 8 or 9 kids with 7 different ho's?

I know Cromartie can cover NFL WR's.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call him what you want, I would still rather see him play this season out on the Packers than not. With him gone, one key injury early in the season and we are screwed. No one knows how well Harris will recover or when he will be back and no one knows if Lee can hang. That leaves Woodson, Williams, Bush and Blackmon if we move him back to Corner which leaves us thin at Safety especially with out Bigby at the moment.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Whats this about Clay always being with the wrong folks? Was there another incident besides this that they're referring to? -- or is it the steroid issue thats being referred to?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently it was Underwood:
Police investigate Packers player in alleged ****** assault - JSOnline

I don't care if it's consensual or not.

He's married and has 2 kids.

He's a scumbag, a cheater. Don't want this kind of person on my team. There's also reports that teammates have told he's been a problem since he got in GB.

I had a position that it was crazy to condemn this kid for not recusing a menage, but seeing he's married, it's a completely different issue.

Careful PRS--if you're going to get rid of every player who has had a lapse in marital fidelity, there may be no one left to play. At the very least, he is showing poor judgement and if he's a problem otherwise on the team he'll probably be gone, whether he can play or not.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats this about Clay always being with the wrong folks? Was there another incident besides this that they're referring to? -- or is it the steroid issue thats being referred to?

Thats really twisting the words...

And yes steriods. I just think its interesting that he recently has had his name dragged through the mud for his relationships with other people. Not a big deal, but I think if it happens again its a bad sign. Our great players all seems to keep their name and images clean, at least in the past 10 yrs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful PRS--if you're going to get rid of every player who has had a lapse in marital fidelity, there may be no one left to play. At the very least, he is showing poor judgement and if he's a problem otherwise on the team he'll probably be gone, whether he can play or not.

We would have gotten rid of the traitor long ago

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that fidelity is important and that players should be held to a higher standard. Yet there is no NFL rule against adultery and there is no federal or state law prohibiting it either. So I don't think kicking him off the team is the right thing to do, considering he did nothing illegal. He just needs someone to take him aside and set him straight. I believe in second chances, and although what he did was wrong, I feel that he can find redemption concerning both his family and his team.

Hotdogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that fidelity is important and that players should be held to a higher standard. Yet there is no NFL rule against adultery and there is no federal or state law prohibiting it either. So I don't think kicking him off the team is the right thing to do, considering he did nothing illegal. He just needs someone to take him aside and set him straight. I believe in second chances, and although what he did was wrong, I feel that he can find redemption concerning both his family and his team.

It's pretty sad either way, if his butt was in the military, we would throw the book at him regardless if it was consensual or not. Married, got kids, and messing around with 2 30+ year old women. I've seen 19 year old Marines demonstrate more maturity than this dirtball on a regular basis. IMO we don't need him on the team. You can't polish a turd.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don't agree with what Underwwod did, I also believe the two women were just as much at fault. It is even more disgusting that they are now lying about what really happened, there's just no way you could have a non-consensual *********. I really hope this doesn't hinder the packers at an already unstable position, why couldn't it have been jarret bush?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry man, just the way I feel about that. As Fitzcore at CHTV said, both him and his wife could have some kind of open marriage, but I doubt it, and the fact that he has 2 kids is what bothers me.

Couple that with his character concerns coming out of college, and that reportedly several teammates have said he has been a problem since his rookie year... That bothers me a lot.

I know. I don't know the details to say if he's a good or a bad family man. It could be much more complicated than "he's just a scumbag". But all indications point to him being just a scumbag, and a bad locker room influence.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right, in terms of the law Underwood really did nothing wrong by cheating on his wife. He definitely will need counseling and a good sit down with someone close to him. Now my question is, how will this affect his play on the football field. He'll most likely need more than 1 season to recuperate and get his act together. Imo the Packers are in a win now mode and we should have everyone on the same page. Underwood would be a waste of a roster spot. We should give it to someone who will be up to speed this season.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, in terms of the law Underwood really did nothing wrong by cheating on his wife. He definitely will need counseling and a good sit down with someone close to him. Now my question is, how will this affect his play on the football field. He'll most likely need more than 1 season to recuperate and get his act together. Imo the Packers are in a win now mode and we should have everyone on the same page. Underwood would be a waste of a roster spot. We should give it to someone who will be up to speed this season.

Like who?? There is no one left worth playing after the few guys we have at the position.

Members online

Latest posts