1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers interview list

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ravage, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have accumulated this list from reading several articles and from other sources as to who the Packers would like to interview.

In no particular order.

Bears DC Ron Rivera
    Packers DC Jim Bates
    Eagles OC Brad Childress
    Browns OC Maurice Carthon
    Steelers OC Ken Whissenhunt
    Steelers OLC Russ Grimm
    Cowboy Asst HC Sean Payton
    Giants DC Tim Lewis
    Chargers OC Cam Cameron
    Chargers DC Wade Phillips

I hope Wade Phillips and Russ Grimm are just very bad rumors that got written down by some idiot reporter.

My best/worst guess at this point is Brad Childress.

2. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that we can gather from such an extensive list is that TT is doing the right thing by reviewing all possibilities before rushing into a decision. I will chalk that up as a very good move on his part.

Firing Sherman is only ok as long as he brings in someone better. I hope that this all can be followed up by convincing Favre to return for another season. GB can turn it around and make a run in the playoffs, but we need Favre to do it.

3. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Why would Russ Grimm be such a bad choice?? Even though he's an OL coach, he has a wonderful mind for offense - and he wasn't all that bad as an O-lineman in his own right.

4. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe it is very hard to skip over coordinator to Head Coach. Reid did it but very few can do it successfully.

Just because a guy played well back in the day doesn't mean he'd be a good HC. Personally I believe guys like Marino and Favre would be awful head coaches and they are two of the best QBs ever.

To me it's kind of like being a line worker in a factory and being promoted to division head without ever having been a supervisor or department head. It can be done but it's not likely.

5. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Point well taken - Just looked what happened when (before your time??) Bart Starr tried to coach the Pack. Bart was a marvelous QB and a terrible HC. :cry:

6. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's see....we give Sherman a contract extension and then fire him. Due to the firing, Favre may not come back. If I'm looking to be a HC, I see no loyalty, freezing temperatures and no Brett. Pretty attractive.

7. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. I suffered through Devine too. For those of you who remember- Let's give up a bunch of draft picks for a QB who can't move and is at the end of his career. Thanks Dan for John Hadl.

8. shanks2122

shanks2122 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i just hope we can find a coach before the combine so he can settle in and get everything read for the draft, not to mention get all his personnel in place

9. Duves

Duves Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Shanks,

As a golfer and I'm sure there are many others on this board please please change your name.... I get the quivers just looking at the word shanks.....

10. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  11. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like the only difference is that I don't have Mariucci on my list. My reasoning for that is that mostly it seems to be message board speculation and writers just throwing his name out there because he used to be with the Packers. I haven't seen anything to allow me to say at this point that Mariucci has or will be contacted.

I did read somewhere that Mariucci's agent sasid that no team has contacted him yet. But that could just be to keep it confidential.

12. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no other coach would be worse than that.

13. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, PC!

14. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can add 49ers OC Mike McCarthy to the list of guys TT will interview.

Brad Childress spent an extra day in Minnesota and didn't make his interview with TT. This is not good if you wanted Childress. When guys start spending an extra day with a team expect an announcement soon.

15. Duves

Duves Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ravage,

I believe the reason he spent the extra day in Minnesota was that his flight to GB was cancelled due to fog at the GB airport. I might not be 100 percent on that but i believe that was the reason.

16. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cam Cameron!!!!!!!