Packers Interested in Darwin Walker

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was just reported on NFL network that Darwin Walker is being shopped. They said so far the Packers and the Chiefs have contacted Philly regarding him.

Strange move

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I swear Cullen Jenkins is a similar player to him...

He is escept Walker is better suited at T while Jenkins seems to fit the End. Not a bad player but the last thing I thought we would look at is a DT.

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere (sorry, can't remember exactly where) that the reason Jenkins wasn't a good fit at DT was because the Packers ran a scheme that required DTs to play differently than they do in other schemes.

I'm not sure what the Eagles want for Walker, but I'd have to think that draft could be put to much better use. Heck, with all the inactivity TT has had, I hope he puts it to better use than going after a player at a position which is already quite solid...

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I remember reading somewhere (sorry, can't remember exactly where) that the reason Jenkins wasn't a good fit at DT was because the Packers ran a scheme that required DTs to play differently than they do in other schemes.

I'm not sure what the Eagles want for Walker, but I'd have to think that draft could be put to much better use. Heck, with all the inactivity TT has had, I hope he puts it to better use than going after a player at a position which is already quite solid...

I don't know if the system as much as it is that his speed is neutralized in the middle.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind depth at the position. It Johnny Jolley doesn't emerge this year as a decent backup it would leave the Packers thin at the position. I also think it's good insurance in case Corey Williams were to not resign next year.

Just to throw this bizarre theory out there. I did read the Raiders wanted Corey Williams in a package for Moss. This might make Williams expandable to the Packers and allow them to make such a package for Moss. Highly unlikely but just throwing it out there.

Members online

Latest posts