1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Interested in Darwin Walker

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pyledriver80, Mar 26, 2007.

1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was just reported on NFL network that Darwin Walker is being shopped. They said so far the Packers and the Chiefs have contacted Philly regarding him.

Strange move

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I swear Cullen Jenkins is a similar player to him...

3. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is escept Walker is better suited at T while Jenkins seems to fit the End. Not a bad player but the last thing I thought we would look at is a DT.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember reading somewhere (sorry, can't remember exactly where) that the reason Jenkins wasn't a good fit at DT was because the Packers ran a scheme that required DTs to play differently than they do in other schemes.

I'm not sure what the Eagles want for Walker, but I'd have to think that draft could be put to much better use. Heck, with all the inactivity TT has had, I hope he puts it to better use than going after a player at a position which is already quite solid...

5. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if the system as much as it is that his speed is neutralized in the middle.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't mind depth at the position. It Johnny Jolley doesn't emerge this year as a decent backup it would leave the Packers thin at the position. I also think it's good insurance in case Corey Williams were to not resign next year.

Just to throw this bizarre theory out there. I did read the Raiders wanted Corey Williams in a package for Moss. This might make Williams expandable to the Packers and allow them to make such a package for Moss. Highly unlikely but just throwing it out there.

7. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  8. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well then we can probably close this one

9. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings: