1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers interest in Brooks?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    From KFFL:

Packers | Team now interested in Brooks
    Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:14:24 -0800

Bill Soliday, of the Oakland Tribune, citing the Wisconsin State Journal, reports the Green Bay Packers are interested in free agent QB Aaron Brooks (Saints). "Aaron (Brooks) is obviously on the list," said head coach Mike McCarthy, who was Brooks' offensive coordinator in New Orleans. "He's somebody we talked about. As far as Brett's (Favre) decision, yeah, you'd like to have it yesterday, no doubt about it. Obviously, the opportunity to sign quarterbacks is closing." If Favre does not return, and indications are he will be back, the Packers would be down to only one quarterback, QB Aaron Rodgers, on their roster.

Even with Bretts return they need to sign some depth at QB, Brooks would be an option or Joey?

2. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad to hear that there are indications #4 will be back.

3. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Aaron Brooks makes little/no sense

If (Brett Favre is invincible to all injury but..) Favre were to get hurt, we'd bring in an entirely different style of QB, Favre is a pocket passer, Brooks is a runner, that's a completely different style of offense. I think Kerry Collins would be a better candidate than Aaron Brooks, but I think we can focus our money elsewhere.

Honestly, just sign Jay Fiedler, he wont cost much, he would certainly be our number #3...and he's another vet who can be around to help develop Rodgers...Fiedler's not the best QB, but he's seen a lot during his career--and often it's the backup QB's that make the best coaches (Kubiak, et al..)

4. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think experience in the offense would be the key, granted if he does sign I would think he's #3 on the depth chart, but I still believe he's better for Oakland as a starter....

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The next QB signed will be nothing more than a bench warmer/help out Rodgers when possible.

Brett gets injured, Aaron Rodgers comes in.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Noooooooo!

I really dislike AB.

He is decent, I guess(in the right system)

But me no likey!@

7. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :evil: This makes absolutely no sense! Either someone in Packerland got into some bad weed or they lost more then a few marbles. Brooks has become unreliable and apparently uncoachable as well.

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brooks is worth a look. We're talking about a second or third string QB here. The Drew Breeses are gone, and for that matter, so are the Josh McCowns.

Brooks had his best seasons with McCarthy as his OC in New Orleans, and he has some history in Green Bay. He might benefit from a change of scenery. Also, I like having a backup QB who can run the ball. It messes up the opposing team's game-planning, and if the QB can run he can make some plays with his feet until his arm gets a chance to warm up.

9. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Well Brooks just signed with the Okland Raiders, so he is off the market.

Joey Harrington?...I think that is a big pass.

10. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For the love of God, I certainly hope so!!!

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

11. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this story is bull

12. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Harrington...That would be a nightmare.

I've talked enough crap about Harrington and how much of a puss he is in my lifetime...

Totally soft.

I remember when the lions gave him his big chance last season...

I was like YEA! Great call.

I think Jay Fiedler would be a good addition. Let's face it, when your number 1 QB is out...You mind as well at least have someone who can grind it out...He leads a team ok...

But really...If Favre goes out, or is not here, mind as well just play Rodgers, and build/pack it in...

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Pick up Doug Pederson.

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Really no need for Pederson now. He was pretty much on the roster as a holder for Longwell. With Longwell gone there's no need for him. He's probably only a #3 at best. Plus he's the Head Coach of a High School Football Team in the south. I think Mississippi. I don't see why he would want to give it up.

15. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lolol, I imagine we signed Harrington and he breaks through bigtime in Green Bay to become a Probowl QB, wouldn't that feel good?

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Guess I should have added more words to indicate that was sarcasm, my bad.

17. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Some pick up on sarcasm quicker than others Z2C... :)