Packers in contact with RB Chris Brown

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Brown is a running back. True.

Brown, 25, lost his starting job with Tennessee early last season, but with several of the top free-agent running backs signed by other teams, he’s one of the next tier of halfbacks still on the market. Brown was flying to Buffalo on Tuesday night for a visit with the Bills on Wednesday, and his agent, Wynn Silberman, said Tennessee remains interested in signing him, as are the Houston Texans, even after signing Ahman Green this week.

The Packers haven’t set up a visit with Brown and don’t appear to be rushing to sign a running back after losing Green, but they have been in contact with Silberman.

“At this point, I’d say (the Packers have) a sincere interest,” Silberman said. “It looks like they’re sitting back waiting to see what the market is gauging, but it’s starting to pick up with a couple guys falling into place.”

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Please don't bring in Chris Brown unless it is really cheap, he runs way to high and takes huge shots. Not very elusive either:)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see him split time at the right price, but I can't honestly say that I've seen him run very much at all. Intriguing if nothing else.

The article does have an encouraging take on the Griffith situation, though.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pairing him with an elusive back like Lynch would make a lot of sense. I do think he's an upgrade over what we have now. At 25 he does have a lot of upside and he is a downhill runner that would work in our scheme.

However I'm not crazy about him and wouldn't pay him a lot money but I do believe he'll come at a reasonable price.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the Bills have him, then they will pass on Lynch in the draft and we can get him.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free agency updates, March 6
By John Murphy
Tuesday, Mar 6, 2007 2:19 pm EST

Free agent running back Chris Brown (Titans) visited the Bills on Tuesday and could likely meet with the Lions if he leaves Buffalo without a deal, according to a source close to Brown. The Lions, who acquired running back Tatum Bell in a deal with the Broncos last week, met with T.J. Duckett on Tuesday, according to two other sources.

Brown, limited to 41 carries and 156 yards in 2006, had reportedly been pursued by teams that have recently added new running backs, including Houston (Ahman Green) and Denver (Travis Henry). Now, the Dolphins, Raiders, Browns and Ravens still seem to be in the running.

Brown is seeking an offer that will pay him starter-type money in the current market, according to a league source, and has been contacted by new Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt since they released Henry.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know about Brown he looked good a couple years ago but he declined big time. Is Duckett available I would love to have him as a Power back. I would rather have Lynch or Michael Bush.

Members online

Latest posts