Packers Hefty salary cap gives GM Flexiubility

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
pf.com posters, I suggest you read carefully "Packers Healthy salary cap gives GM flexibility--Thompson will be able to make "football" decisons despite threat of uncapped 2010."

Thia article is in the Green Bay Press Gazette's Sunday, February 8, 2008 issue wtitten by Green Bay PG Sports reporter - Pete Dougherty.

Here is the website: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art ... 07047/1058

. i know there is lot of questions about the Salary cap during these difficult times in NFL.

PWT36(Phil)

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's hoping Thompson makes a splash in free agency along with contract extensions for Jennings and Collins. Wait and see approach on Kampan and his ability to play in the 3-4.
Spitz and Clifton only if they are a bargan. Clifton is on the decline and Spitz has only shown to be average at best.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Coordinator said:
Here's hoping Thompson makes a splash in free agency along with contract extensions for Jennings and Collins. Wait and see approach on Kampan and his ability to play in the 3-4.
Spitz and Clifton only if they are a bargan. Clifton is on the decline and Spitz has only shown to be average at best.

We NEED to get Greg signed, he is one of the elite when it comes to WR's in this league, and his ego does not even come close to getting in the way of his playing like some other good WRs *cough* Ocho Stinko *cough*, T.O., Steve Smith. He is our version of Larry Fitzgerald and given the opportunity this year would probably perform just as well as he did this past postseason. TT get this man signed to a fair deal for both parties (I would overpay GJ to keep him, but that wouldnt be like him to ask for too much) right now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GreenBayCracker said:
The Coordinator said:

We NEED to get Greg signed, he is one of the elite when it comes to WR's in this league, and his ego does not even come close to getting in the way of his playing like some other good WRs *cough* Ocho Stinko *cough*, T.O., Steve Smith. He is our version of Larry Fitzgerald and given the opportunity this year would probably perform just as well as he did this past postseason. TT get this man signed to a fair deal for both parties (I would overpay GJ to keep him, but that wouldnt be like him to ask for too much) right now.

Kudos. Greg Jenning doesn't have a small ego, he DOESN"T HAVE EGO. He's probably the most team oriented WR in the league, and he's in the top 5 in his position. Rodgers to Jennings can be as great or maybe even greater than Favre to Sharpe...

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is one of the most humble and quietest big receivers out there. The only guy that I can think of similar is Fitzgerald. That guy is a beast and you can tell he's just a good guy and definitely has his stuff together. Let's hope that's the future for receivers as opposed to guys like T.O. or Ocho.

Reaction score
boisenjm said:
Jennings is one of the most humble and quietest big receivers out there. The only guy that I can think of similar is Fitzgerald. That guy is a beast and you can tell he's just a good guy and definitely has his stuff together. Let's hope that's the future for receivers as opposed to guys like T.O. or Ocho.

Gennings is good and is only going to be getting better. He will probably end up in the top 10 maybe to 5. BNut fitzgeralds a beast the reason he did so good this year is because he actuallyt had a quaterback. The two people i think that are better or close to him is Randy Moss and andre johnson. They are bolth freaks of nature. If andre had a quaterback he would be insane

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts