Packers have slowest receiving corps in the NFL

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is no. 6 in the league in DYAR. He's been a good replacement for Jordy, at least early in the season. Adams looks to be a future star, if he can stay on the field. Rodgers looks SLOW both in speed and quickness.
I'm not seeing Adams as a star. He had the lowest adjusted yards per catch on our team last year out of anybody who caught a ball, including Rodgers.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Who was the record the record setting high hurdler some years ago the 49ers signed as a wide receiver? Total bust.

Renaldo Nehemiah:

During his three years as a wide receiver he caught 43 passes for 754 yards, a 17.5 average, and 4 touchdowns. Although he was part of the Super Bowl winning team in the 1984 season, he did not play a major role. His football career is deemed by some to be a failure.

Bob Hayes, who played for the Cowboys was considered the fastest man alive during his days was the complete opposite of Renaldo. Hayes was a very successful WR in the NFL, but he also played Football in college and obviously was able to learn all the other skills besides speed.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Usain Bolt playing in the NFL....speed can be over rated if it isn't accompanied by other attributes.

A. No big, nasty people try to demolish Bolt on the track.

B. Bob Hayes (oops, sorry, posted this before getting to the post above it)

:)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The three established WRs on the roster (Cobb, Jones, and Adams) have shown that they have the NFL speed to get open and make plays.

All of them have shown the ability to get open on a team with a deep threat like Nelson. They have troubles getting any separation as of right now though and having at least one fast guy would help tremendously.

We will be no. 1 if we win out. If MM turns the offense around I feel that is very possible. It could be that the NFC East will determine seeding since Carolina plays at the Cowboys, Saints, and Giants the last half of the season. Throw in 2 games against the Falcons, and Carolina likely winds up 12 and 4, or 13 and 3.

I don't think the Panthers will lose three games the rest of the way.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of them have shown the ability to get open on a team with a deep threat like Nelson. They have troubles getting any separation as of right now though and having at least one fast guy would help tremendously.

This.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Making teams respect our running game will help open the passing game up as well. Hoping that having Starks seeing more playing time will help with that. I'm not saying Eddie won't still be a good back, but maybe this will allow him to heal up as well as serve as some motivation to him (besides the motivation of his Rookie contract expiring at the end of next season).

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if people think Dez Bryant is too slow to be in the NFL? Isn't Cobb faster? my search shows Cobb 4.46, and Jordy at 4.51 and Adams at 4.56. all of them are considerably faster than the best ever in Rice. Considerably faster than some of today's greats in Fitzgerald at 4.62 or Boldin at 4.7. Antonio Brown just put up 3 good games worth of yards in one game and he's about the same in speed as Cobb.

I can't believe that Cobb, Montgomery, Adams, Jones are too slow to play in the NFL or be a deep threat themselves. Plenty of other players and teams have done more with less than the Packers have done the past couple weeks. We keep looking for excuses and the answers are obvious.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don't see the Panthers losing 3 games the rest of the way, Captain. Nor do I see the Packers going 8-0, which is what they'd need to do if Carolina went 5-3. Opportunity lost last week.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder if people think Dez Bryant is too slow to be in the NFL? Isn't Cobb faster? my search shows Cobb 4.46, and Jordy at 4.51 and Adams at 4.56. all of them are considerably faster than the best ever in Rice. Considerably faster than some of today's greats in Fitzgerald at 4.62 or Boldin at 4.7. Antonio Brown just put up 3 good games worth of yards in one game and he's about the same in speed as Cobb.

I can't believe that Cobb, Montgomery, Adams, Jones are too slow to play in the NFL or be a deep threat themselves. Plenty of other players and teams have done more with less than the Packers have done the past couple weeks. We keep looking for excuses and the answers are obvious.

It seems like Demovsky's numbers are off on at least several teams and I'm sorry for posting them without double checking them.

Nevertheless I'm convinced the Packers receiving corps could use some speed to stretch defenses a bit more. Of course an improved offensive line and running game would result in the receiving corps looking better as well.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm already thinkin' about the 2016 draft about the Packers needs. My awesome 3-round preliminary draft in which I am 90% sure that the Packers will get none of them:

Round 1: Jaylon Smith ILB/OLB ND. Alternate: Reggie Ragland, ILB Ala

Round 2: Corey Colman WR Baylor. Alternate: Will Fuller WR. ND

Round 2 Trade-up: Germain Ifedi OT Texas A &M

Ok back to the season..

Mat Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones is no. 6 in the league in DYAR. He's been a good replacement for Jordy, at least early in the season. Adams looks to be a future star, if he can stay on the field. Rodgers looks SLOW both in speed and quickness.
And Montgomery looked like he had some sizzle. I wish we had a burner, but I think we'll figure it out and be alright in the end.

Mat Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Making teams respect our running game will help open the passing game up as well. Hoping that having Starks seeing more playing time will help with that. I'm not saying Eddie won't still be a good back, but maybe this will allow him to heal up as well as serve as some motivation to him (besides the motivation of his Rookie contract expiring at the end of next season).
I think that's the way McCarthy sees things. He seems to be talking running game much more than passing at this point.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's the way McCarthy sees things. He seems to be talking running game much more than passing at this point.
The rules have made it a passing league, but if you don't have a reasonable run game it affects the passing, that's for sure. I think we have enough talent on the offensive side of the ball to dominate games. We haven't been playing to our abilities--especially on the offensive line. I have confidence that MM will get things in order.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well something has to give, if you can't run on a 6 man front and can't keep a 4 man pass rush off your quarterback, you're in for a long season

Members online

Latest posts