1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers Have Signed Ryan Grant

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by okcpackerfan, Dec 5, 2012.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Can you blame them?

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    As often as our brittle guys break, HECK NO!

3. MidnightToker

MidnightToker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    This. I'm new here, but where are the mods? this thread is an ADHD clusterf*ck

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,949
    Where are the reported posts to alert mods of the issue going on?

• Like Like x 1
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,949
    I moved posts that had nothing to do with Grant...And put them into SMACK

I wanted to delete them, but I decided to just move them..

If this thread moves away from Grant again I am just deleting

6. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    So excited to have Ryan back. How about that great little 13 yard run on his first play back with the team vs. the Lions?

7. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Nice run by Grant. Grant has always ripped of nice yardage when a hole is present - last night was no exception. Still, he is not the equivalent of Starks, the guy that can pound out 3-5 yds even when the run is expected. Grant will be a good backup for Green. Green was very impressive last night!

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I will be intereted to see how the new RB situation ends up panning out. I am not a fan of green at all, his one or two good carries per game does not cut it for me. Defenses don't fear him at all, not even enough to make a play action pass somewhat effective. I hope grant has some gas left in his tank, we cant tell from just one run. My hopes rest on that new guy, Harris. He seemed to have the most promise. I hope he gets more carries next game and by playoff time, if he is worthy, get the brunt of the work.

9. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +984
    I agree, his first play i saw him run a safety over and i was like Green must be mad. Then i saw that the guy was about 4 inches shorter and i was thinking who's this? the dreads threw me off, but the way he runs is what seperated him from a guy like Green. Green is not a bruising runner but this little guy is and i really liked his quicks and ability to hide behind linemen. Grant on the other hand came in and almost took it to the house his first carry.
    He still looks like he's got good straight line speed and i would have liked to see him get some more carry's.

10. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    I'm with you. Grant hit that flippin' hole in a heartbeat. The whole time Grant was here, all you heard was that he wouldn't start anywhere else...then, in a few short years, he's got two 1200+ yard seasons -- that is explained away by those who do that kind of thing repeatedly by saying "He got his yardage in garbage time" or "Teams defend Green Bay's passing game...not Ryan Grant." All the guy ever did was produce...and...he's a locker room guy. Glad to see him back.

11. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Why wait so long to put him in?

12. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Maybe not, once a 2nd chance comes sometimes changes your motivation. Your not going to loose conditioning in 90 days. He still hoping someone would signed mid season so he was likely working out. Grant might turn out to our version of Chase Blackburn....

13. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    The Redskins had him for 2 months.... They have 4 other backs... I think he has more talent the he gets credit for. Its clear that the blocking was a major part of our problem. Its gotten better in the last 2 weeks.

14. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    He's only here to back up Green and probably Harris now.

15. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,771
    I still think we should have signed Casey Mathews....:roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1