Packers have released Kingsley Keke

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Silverstein words on "personal" issue echo what a few of my contacts are saying and one of them also confirmed this issue was present prior to Covid listing. I've been unable to figure out if the issue is medical, family or criminal in nature...this is as I said elsewhere shocking!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't know anything was going on? Thought he had some real potential. Whatever it is, hope he gets it figured out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay so I've now heard rumor he and Kenny Clark had some kind of confrontation - don't trust one source and the fact nothing leaked yet about this makes me kinda doubt it.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very strange. I assume it must be because of a fairly serious issue because he's not a bad player at all.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense to me either...thought he was improving. Maybe due to Cobb being brought off IR? Still perplexed.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be:

He's a malcontent.
Serious personal issues
Mental illness
Money

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Caught me by surprise. I had read he was a healthy scratch in the Cleveland game, so perhaps this was a move in the making for some time.

Green Bay has some guys on the IR that they might activate prior to the game Saturday, so I guess they just created a roster spot.

Reaction score
The only reason you release a player 2 days before the playoffs is if they are harmful to the mentality of your football program. That speaks poorly to his focus on a team effort if he can’t work around his issues.

We don’t need the slightest distraction right now. We need laser focus on our ultimate objective

On a personal level I wish him well and hope he can let go of whatever is ailing him. Too bad, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity he missed out on

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope its nothing serious and whatever personal life ailments he is dealing with he can get help with. It had to be something big for him to be released days before the final run to the SB.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Gutenkunst draft pick cut before his rookie deal finalizes.
Would you please name the 2 WRs Gute drafted who were cut before the end of their rookie contracts. No helping please. I'll wait.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats really sad is we are repeating history that isnt so old and Packers fans dont recognize it.
If and when Rodgers leaves it is likely that the Packers will be pretty bad for quite a while. I’d say that your head will probably explode over that …. but it’s probably more likely that you will be long gone having completely forgotten about the Packers. It’s crazy that anyone could be this unhappy following a team with a combined record of 39-10 over the past 3 regular seasons.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keke must've had some type of meltdown. You don't cut players 3 days before a playoff game. Weird situation. It can't help the team focus on their nemesis. The Packers need all the help they can get on the d line containing Frisco's ground attack and losing Keke won't help. The fact that MLF wouldn't come clean on the situation tells me he turned into a major malcontent that was a cancer in the locker room.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It tells me that LaFleur is above airing dirty laundry in public. While we all want to know (myself included) it's really not important right now. The more LaFleur says right now about it (right or wrong) the more it becomes a media focus and distraction.

Best of luck Keke. Rodgers could have put a ring on it...

D

Deleted member 6794

Doesn't make any sense to me either...thought he was improving. Maybe due to Cobb being brought off IR? Still perplexed.

Keke wasn't released solely to make room for another player being activated from injured reserve. There would have been other candidates who would have made more sense. There's definitely a reason for the move the public isn't aware of.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason you release a player 2 days before the playoffs is if they are harmful to the mentality of your football program. That speaks poorly to his focus on a team effort if he can’t work around his issues.

We don’t need the slightest distraction right now. We need laser focus on our ultimate objective

On a personal level I wish him well and hope he can let go of whatever is ailing him. Too bad, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity he missed out on

I don't know if it's "the only reason"...I hesitate to use absolutes because quite often there are other factors involved that we don't know about and may never know fully.

In the absence of information, it is perhaps best not to rush to judgement. You may end up being correct, but we don't know that yet.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It tells me that LaFleur is above airing dirty laundry in public. While we all want to know (myself included) it's really not important right now. The more LaFleur says right now about it (right or wrong) the more it becomes a media focus and distraction.

Best of luck Keke. Rodgers could have put a ring on it..
None of us have a "need to know" and the proper thing to do is for the entire organization and everyone in it to circle the wagons and stay completely mum on the issue.

It would also be proper for guys like Amos, Preston Smith, Rodgers and Adams to take the time to contact Keke by text and phone to lend an ear and words of encouragement.

Not a d@mn word needs to spoken to outsiders!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree completely with the approach their taking. IF there is ill will or bad blood that soured the relationship it speaks volumes to those remaining that the organization despite that is respecting the matter and keeping it between Keke and them. That is a big respect message sent to the players that remain honestly.

I kinda sense it is a bad blood or very personal family/health issue that they will let Keke express if he chooses to. Either way wish him well and who knows if it is something personal and no bad blood it may not be the last time we see Keke in GB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts