Packers have become GREAT at losing GREAT games.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had Shields picked that pass off that hit him right in the hands?? we all are talking about Carolina right now. Like last year when Haha let the luckiest 2 pt conversion pass play in NFL history float right over his head. Well, we all remember how that game ended. It's like the players on this team can't make the plays at the most crucial moments. That's why they can't win against the top teams. Charles Woodson intercepts that pass Shields dropped, and Nick Collins intercepts the one in Seattle last year that HaHa couldn't locate.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had Shields picked that pass off that hit him right in the hands?? we all are talking about Carolina right now. Like last year when Haha let the luckiest 2 pt conversion pass play in NFL history float right over his head. Well, we all remember how that game ended. It's like the players on this team can't make the plays at the most crucial moments. That's why they can't win against the top teams. Charles Woodson intercepts that pass Shields dropped, and Nick Collins intercepts the one in Seattle last year that HaHa couldn't locate.

Aaron also doesn't miss a 4 yards pass by 2 yards on 4th down like he did in Arizona this past Saturday.

I understand your point... But there is plenty of blame to go around for both of these last two losses. Aaron played like garbage last year in Seattle. Missed quite a few on Saturday as well.

The team needs to play better to win these games. Can't miss turnovers, can't miss open receivers if you want to be considered an all-time great QB.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron also doesn't miss a 4 yards pass by 2 yards on 4th down like he did in Arizona this past Saturday.

I understand your point... But there is plenty of blame to go around for both of these last two losses. Aaron played like garbage last year in Seattle. Missed quite a few on Saturday as well.

The team needs to play better to win these games. Can't miss turnovers, can't miss open receivers if you want to be considered an all-time great QB.

Aaron Rodgers missed a few throws yes... but you're talking about the most accurate qb in NFL history. The throw to jones was a bad one yes, but when it was crunch time he threw to perfect darts to Janis. Without Rodgers the Packers have a 20% chance at even making the playoffs . If that high. With him they have a 85% chance. I'll take a couple missed throws.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What? That's entirely unfair to try and pin that on Rodgers. He didn't go to Janis because Janis hadn't proved himself all season until that 60 yard catch and then the 40 yard catch to tie the game. If your season was on the line and you had 2 proven receivers and one unproven receiver prone to drops and bad routes, who are you going to throw to? Rodgers made a snap decision and the rest is history. It's easy in hindsight to come back and go, "RAH RAH Rodgers made bad mistakes blah blah!" but he had to make them in the span of literally seconds. With everyone coming back healthy next season, I'd imagine Rodgers is going to do what Brady did this year and pick defenses apart.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers missed a few throws yes... but you're talking about the most accurate qb in NFL history. The throw to jones was a bad one yes, but when it was crunch time he threw to perfect darts to Janis. Without Rodgers the Packers have a 20% chance at even making the playoffs . If that high. With him they have a 85% chance. I'll take a couple missed throws.

Rodgers isn't the most accurate passer of all-time. Maybe before the season? Right now he is 6th, behind Romo, Brees, Warner, and some others in completion percentage. Only slightly ahead of Wilson and Rivers. And he doesn't throw many picks typically. Definitely can give him that. But he missed quite a few throws by yards. And I just read an article about how many open receivers he missed this year, though for the life of me I can't remember where.

Rodgers didn't play to his potential this year either, and whether that should be expected from him is debatable, but he missed more than normal. So either we need to drop our expectations of Rodgers (which is fair as well maybe they went too high too fast), or he needs to pick up his game. Because this year wasn't all on the receivers, or the defense. Though they deserve their share as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Could be worse, you could find yourself waking up wearing a Johnny Manziel jersey and living in Cleveland.

Snake bitten, bad luck, call it what you want, but TT and MM have got us into the position to play in and win those games more then they have put us in a position to be sitting at home watching the playoffs or to lose them. Had we been one and done in every playoff game, with no chance of winning them, I see a problem. I don't like losing in the playoffs, but 5 out of 7 of those loses have been on the last play of the game, hard to blame TT and coaching on that.

Members online

Latest posts