Packers have #1 offense in NFC

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate, the Packers will outscore the opponents 488 to 216. I think personally thyat the Packers offense will get even better as the season wears on but I think the defense might have some problems. Unless Harris comes back strong and defense stays healthy, I see the opponents making adjustments to Matthews and finding more success.

some people think it is a bit early but what the heck! Isn't it a bit early to be cutting on the Cowboys and the Vikings too?

Still, knowing the Packers are probably the best all around team in the league makes being a Packer fan fun.
16-0+Superbowl!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Grant is huge. I agree the offense will continue to get better and better and the defensive schemes seem to be working out well for now. I hope this week end we are the ones who expose the bears and not the other way around. Divisional games are always a crap shoot.

I also picked the Packers to go 16-0 :)

But that has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with seeing the world in Green and Gold:happy0005:

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats amazing
honestly i can say, that the Pack has not looked good on offense.
thats pretty scary to say.

maybe our exceptions our so high of this team.

i catch myself grading each drive, and complaining about McChubby. ( I NEED TO RELAX )

we havent looked that good yet... just wait and see what can happen if we dial in........?

GO PACK

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right? Isn't it crazy that our team puts up 27 points in a game when our QB plays "terribly". 34 points (granted against the bills) when our QB doesn't even get going until the second half.

If Rodgers plays average on Monday we should crush the Bears.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, it is only week 2. 2-0 isn't that great. At least the way we are playing, I'm just not overly excited yet. Our defense is exciting, though offenses are about to start gameplanning hard against clay. And our offense is just leaving something to be desired. Aaron Rodgers needs to step it up. Especially with grant out. Second, our opponents are on pace to score 272 points, not 216...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, it is only week 2. 2-0 isn't that great. At least the way we are playing, I'm just not overly excited yet. Our defense is exciting, though offenses are about to start gameplanning hard against clay. And our offense is just leaving something to be desired. Aaron Rodgers needs to step it up. Especially with grant out. Second, our opponents are on pace to score 272 points, not 216...
According to McGinn, the Bills double teamed CM3 47% of the time. He still ended with 3 sacks.

Gameplan all you want, Capers lines him at so many different positions, and with so many favorable matchups, that you can't contain him. A lot of times you think they'll double team him, but he positions himself behind Pickett, or Raji, and they end up eating the blockers, and CM3 is left alone with a RB or TE to beat.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score

Actully it is 216 eagles scored 20 bills scored 7 that's 27 divide that by 2 which is 13.5 times that by 16 and it equals 216.

Reaction score
We think 27 points is weak because we were watching the preseason drives where every drive was a 80 yard scoring drive. Our offense can play better though. Rodgers hasn't shown his true sharpness yet. Plus running game could be better

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
We think 27 points is weak because we were watching the preseason drives where every drive was a 80 yard scoring drive. Our offense can play better though. Rodgers hasn't shown his true sharpness yet. Plus running game could be better

Keep in mind, in the preseason, the defenses are pretty basic so the offense will tend to look better in preseason. It takes long for the offense to get into sync and the defenses are generally ahead at the beginning of the season.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, that's as good as it can get after 2 weeks of play. We are beating our opponents by an average of like 17 points, that's pretty dang good. Remember, the Pack started slow last year and caught fire. I think perhaps Aaron and the rest of the offense are just slow starters and their pace will pick up through out the year. But the best part is we have the best offense in the NFC right statistically and we're "rusty" and "out of sync."

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Grant is huge. I agree the offense will continue to get better and better and the defensive schemes seem to be working out well for now. I hope this week end we are the ones who expose the bears and not the other way around. Divisional games are always a crap shoot.

I also picked the Packers to go 16-0 :)

But that has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with seeing the world in Green and Gold:happy0005:

Killer, everything in the world is green and gold. Keep up the good work.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure if it was clay or not,but who jumped over one of the players to get at the q.b,a-rod may be off to a slow start but i really feel good about how they are playing,they werent prepared for vic to play the whole game and yes he got some good yards but they never could stop clay either,he was always pretty close to vic and i think crosby will have a great year,special teams is coming along think our team will give out lots of headaches.i guess what i'm saying is clay will find ways no matter how they prepare.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I hope our offense can keep it up. I just hope the Pack can play four quarters of football, since both games seemed to be 3 quarters and one just thinking we are already ahead why continue? Honestly the Packers shouldn't start slacking till we are at least 25 up, let the Arizona game be the lesson. Monday night the 49ers almost had a miracle finish, but they let Brees get the best of them, I can see the Packers having a team like Philly get the best of them.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Still a little early to get super confident. Never as good as you think they are and never as bad as you think they are

Word

Over confidence is one trap I never fall into with the pack. I've had my teeth kicked in too many times thinking we were going to be a dominating team only to lose to the lowliest team on the schedule (I.E. tampa last year).

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is still going strong by our bye week, then I will agree but for now it's too early. Rodgers hasn't looked too great - had a great second half against Buffalo but once he catches that fire then I would say this team is looking good but it still is only week 3.

OP
OP
P

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early for what? To feel good about our team? Their wins? The fact that they've scored more points than everybody else in the NFC?

What are you guys saying? That its better to lose at this juncture so we can feel bad about our team? So we can feel 'realistic'?

Jeez, I'd like to see what kind of reactions come from this board after a BAD game.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we haven't played our best ball yet so I'm very optimistic about this season, but I won't be doing any cart wheels until we go at least 4 or 5 wins in the division...which is not a given, but possible

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early for what? To feel good about our team? Their wins? The fact that they've scored more points than everybody else in the NFC?

What are you guys saying? That its better to lose at this juncture so we can feel bad about our team? So we can feel 'realistic'?

Jeez, I'd like to see what kind of reactions come from this board after a BAD game.

Denver last year started 6-0 and then didnt make the playoffs. Its better to never get too high or too low. Were all happy they are 2-0 but like another poster said they havent hit at all points yet. A couple complete games against quality opponents will reassure alot of us. Frankly we are lucky we survived against Vick.

As far as individual players go I think I might get a little high on Matthews if he has another 3 or more sacks against Chicago, but thats another topic.

Members online

Latest posts